Betsy Vs Rhea Co

TinCanBetsyFan

17 minutes ago, Oldschool2021 said:

Is Elizabethton even attempting to find a replacement for Friday?

As far as I know we attempted with Mitchell NC and couldn’t come to agreement ( they didn’t want to travel). And I really don’t blame them.  Hampton will be a better game for them and they get to stay home.  We don’t necessarily “need” a replacement for Friday as that game is rescheduled for October.  

26 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

As far as I know we attempted with Mitchell NC and couldn’t come to agreement ( they didn’t want to travel). And I really don’t blame them.  Hampton will be a better game for them and they get to stay home.  We don’t necessarily “need” a replacement for Friday as that game is rescheduled for October.  

I would have liked to have seen Hampton come to Betsy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

I belive a person that I’m not naming wouldn’t allow that and it’s not Witten 

But they can play unaka in baseball and Hampton a few years back in basketball? The gate that game alone would draw regardless of the score would be good for both schools.

Edited by Oldschool2021

37 minutes ago, Oldschool2021 said:

But they can play unaka in baseball and Hampton a few years back in basketball? The gate that game alone would draw regardless of the score would be good for both schools.

That’s what I’m saying. That certain person would be the athletic director. They should of scheduled Hampton in football for this week and basketball forever and never drop them 

From a poster on NC Preps. 

For those wandering heard Elizabethton had said they would play Mitchell early this morning at E Town and at 11:30 backed out saying not enough time to prepare. Obviously something about this Mitchell team made coach Witten apprehensive about playing them. Credit to both Mitchell and Hampton getting this game put together and giving both teams an opportunity to play.”

Edited by Appvol