Meigs vs McMinn Central

Meeru

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

Defense will shine tonight. I hope we can keep them scoreless.

If the game goes his way Fitz will play a lot of the players on both sides of the ball. I don't think from past experiences he'd keep the first team defense in there to throw a shutout if he has a comfortable lead, in which case he'd have all second and third teams out there solely on defense. I just hope they're not penalized a lot and turn the ball over like last week - things I have no doubt were addressed this week.

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

If the game goes his way Fitz will play a lot of the players on both sides of the ball. I don't think from past experiences he'd keep the first team defense in there to throw a shutout if he has a comfortable lead, in which case he'd have all second and third teams out there solely on defense. I just hope they're not penalized a lot and turn the ball over like last week - things I have no doubt were addressed this week.

Yeah, a friend and I spoke about that already. Fitz isn't one to run up the score.

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Smith 30 yard reception with 3:49 left in the first. Meigs 14 Central 0

Looks like a different team Yeti. Carrol has several completed passes for close to a 100 yards and 2 tds in 1st qtr

On 9/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Yeti said:

There's no harm in voicing an opinion we all have them. I'm just glad to have another poster for Meigs on besides myself. If it wasn't for you and goat most of the time it would just be me on here. Good to see more fans on here.

It's usually pretty quiet unless we are playing someone like Hampton, Oneida or TC.

I'm looking forward to this week's game. Central is on a 2 game win streak. Mondays paper said they used a sophomore backup QB who is a Basketball player and just started playing football two weeks ago as a receiver and never played  QB. He even threw a TD pass. Pretty cool.

Sounds like their D has improved also.

I know our kids look forward to this one every year

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

Looks like a different team Yeti. Carrol has several completed passes for close to a 100 yards and 2 tds in 1st qtr

It's usually pretty quiet unless we are playing someone like Hampton, Oneida or TC.

I'm looking forward to this week's game. Central is on a 2 game win streak. Mondays paper said they used a sophomore backup QB who is a Basketball player and just started playing football two weeks ago as a receiver and never played  QB. He even threw a TD pass. Pretty cool.

Sounds like their D has improved also.

I know our kids look forward to this one every year

Our offense is getting it together. We have the kids just need a few more games under our belt. We will be nasty come playoffs.