Clay County @ Scott

OldTownRoad

10 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Does all the decent talent in Scott county go to Oneida to play football? I’ve always wondered that when I’m in Huntsville at Brimstone.

Scott High is sporadic in their talent. Every 6 to 8 years they get a group of athletes and make a run for a 5-5 season. But yes talent that should be going to the county schools ends up at Oneida. Not to mention there is Winfield Elementary which is on the border with Kentucky and Burchfield Middle School which is 2 miles from Oneida High School. It makes a lot more sense for those students on that end of the county to go to Oneida High School. People from Winfield have to travel through Oneida to get to Scott High. 

2 hours ago, haweanbula said:

Scott High is sporadic in their talent. Every 6 to 8 years they get a group of athletes and make a run for a 5-5 season. But yes talent that should be going to the county schools ends up at Oneida. Not to mention there is Winfield Elementary which is on the border with Kentucky and Burchfield Middle School which is 2 miles from Oneida High School. It makes a lot more sense for those students on that end of the county to go to Oneida High School. People from Winfield have to travel through Oneida to get to Scott High. 

Gotcha. That does make sense.

We've had our struggles, but this team is getting better (and yes we have athletes). Friday night: I'm going 4A over 1A. Throw out the records. They simply haven't played the competition that we have. We've faced adversity this year through covid, youth, and special team miscues. We can't give up 3 blocked punts and win. Our boys know that. Good news is little birdie told me that the twins that just moved in from the Atlanta area will be eligible this week. So, we probably won't be punting  lol. Coach Terry will have the boys ready.  

6 hours ago, ScottFootball76 said:

We've had our struggles, but this team is getting better (and yes we have athletes). Friday night: I'm going 4A over 1A. Throw out the records. They simply haven't played the competition that we have. We've faced adversity this year through covid, youth, and special team miscues. We can't give up 3 blocked punts and win. Our boys know that. Good news is little birdie told me that the twins that just moved in from the Atlanta area will be eligible this week. So, we probably won't be punting  lol. Coach Terry will have the boys ready.  

Unless Trey Morrow is playing football, I don't believe Scott will have better athletes than Clay. You may have a bigger line, but the athletic advantage should lie in the hands of the Bulldogs.

12 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Exactly my thoughts  the only thing Scott has over clay county this year is enrolment  but I believe if Scott played in 3a and didn't get moved up to 4a into that brutal division their record would be a bit better 

Bingo! The move to 4A has been a tough transition, but we are still fighting. That's why we get back on track against 1A Clay. 

Clay won’t be a push over for Scott. Clay has athletes all over the field and is physical. Just because Clay is 1A doesn’t mean anything. 1A Fayetteville beat 4A Upperman earlier this year. I’m going with Clay by one score in this one. 

Edited by MCFAN3