LA vs CPA - the rematch

theawesomebro

15 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

Thanks for explaining. I was truly curious. I think that idea is probably a good one. Split AA so there are 2 larger divisions. 

Agreed.  Even though AAA traditionally has the best teams top to bottom- and arguably the top teams at the top- a state champion of 12 teams at times seems hollow to me.

i would agree it might seem less of an accomplishment if they didn't play so many other good teams.  LA and CPA both proved they could hang with anyone this year.  CPA beat 2 AAA teams.  both hung with Oakland.  LA mercy ruled Pulaski Academy who is now playing for the state championship in Arkansas and is ranked #2 in the state.  I think it is clear that some no-so-good teams still make the playoffs because the division is so small which doesn't make it seem special. 

on a side note, if you haven't heard dilfer's story about why he is coaching high school to honor his young son who died tragically, google it.  it's worth the read.  

• Like 1