Mcminn Central Chargers vs Mcminn County Cherokees

RichyRich

Central has played some good ball this off-season and during scrimmages. However Mcminns lines on both side are rather weak but they have some depth on the skills positions and has the speed over Central. But I feel like centrals defense is pretty stout this year. I think the final score will end up looking like 20-7 with Mcminns depth being a little to much for Central 

Edited by RichyRich

7 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Central has played some good ball this off-season and during scrimmages. However Mcminns lines on both side are rather weak but they have some depth on the skills positions and has the speed over Central. But I feel like centrals defense is pretty stout this year. I think the final score will end up looking like 20-7 with Mcminns depth being a little to much for Central 

Got to see central in the jamboree and was impressed offensively. I think we will get more of a gauge for them Friday as it’s hard to tell how good they really are against a really bad sequoyah team who looks to go 0-10 for the 4th straight year. 

15 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Good predictioin.  That depth is hard to overcome.  Defense will have to play assignment football and be good tacklers.  In 2014 I felt we could win by a couple of TD's, but the depth played into it.

Edited by logcabinman

Central wins this one. McMinn and Bo Cagle are concerned about this game. I don't believe they have been this worried about Central since 2014 and 2015. Central has the momentum and confidence heading into Friday. If Central contains the edge, they'll win it in the trenches. 

Central 27

McMinn 21

Edited by gecko

30 minutes ago, gecko said:

Central wins this one. McMinn and Bo Cagle are concerned about this game. I don't believe they have been this worried about Central since 2014 and 2015. Central has the momentum and confidence heading into Friday. If Central contains the edge, they'll win it in the trenches. 

Central 27

McMinn 21

Pretty bold prediction

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, gecko said:

Central 27

McMinn 21

:roflol:

5 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Lots of chatter from the Charger faithful thinking this could be their year to make great strides.  Expectations are high for them with some good athletes and their best coaching staff in a long time. 

I'm a neutral party when it comes to the two schools I see mcminn having the depth and skill positions, but centrals defense is better and think their offense will do be pretty well this year.  I didnt know for the longest time that central has made it to the state finals before in either 93 or 95 cant remember which but both were solid years and the year they made it to the championship they had a one year coach named Marty wild.

10 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I'm a neutral party when it comes to the two schools I see mcminn having the depth and skill positions, but centrals defense is better and think their offense will do be pretty well this year.  I didnt know for the longest time that central has made it to the state finals before in either 93 or 95 cant remember which but both were solid years and the year they made it to the championship they had a one year coach named Marty wild.

It was 93, Wild did a marvelous job of getting boys on the football field, and he had a monster staff helping him.  Mike Newton  was the defensive coordinator and they ran the veer offensively.  

I'll hold to my thoughts though.  If Central's defense can get to Miller and put him on the ground, they can be successful, if not he will beat you in the open field.  To me this is the difference.  This and win the turnover game.  Still going to be a tough task in my opionion.  McMinn offense will be better than any team MC has faced in the pre-season.

• Like 2