Lawrenceburg Fans ?

flyer

Some of the signs the students had at the ball game were really a compliment to the players in the way you felt they were important enough to notice and be worried about. What did the sign mean about AT LEAST WE DON'T STEAL? I didn't see the one about teachers should be afraid but that one (if there was one like it) was in very bad taste. Especially when you don't know all about the situation.I would like a reply to this question. The boys on your team this year may not be as talented yet as last year but they sure do act a lot better.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a LCo Wildcat fan all the way, but I do agree with the signs goin a little far... Those signs should have never been made, but that has nothin to do with the basketball players, and only a select few students had those signs. Still, the part about this year's team acting better than last year's team confuses me...what was bad about last year's team.... Yes, our team this year did lose 6 players, but to have lost those six, they played very close to a very talented rival Columbia team.

The signs were made to make Fred and Wadale worry about us instead of the game, and it worked for a while. They kept looking over at us. All Waldale did was cuss the refs, fans, and our team, so maybe yall need to look at yourself. Why was the sign about the teacher bad? If he did it then it was the truth. Truth hurts. Its high school basketball, so lighten up.

If he did it. That's what I am saying. You apparently do not know the truth of the incident. It has also been over and done with. It was a rude sign and also showed your ignorance about the situation. You sound like a real sore looser. Looser. Make all the signs you want what you write or don't write shows your true class. I know Fred loved his signs. He was laughing at them. It's Wadale's life so lighten up!

[Edited by flyer on 12-5-02 6:39A]

I agree with you I thought your guys played exceptionally good. Good defense. SLow pace just like you should against Columbia. Good coaching. I was impressed with them after losing so many starters from last year. They also didn't talk all the trash like your front men from last year they just played hard. Impressive.

Take a good look at the attitude of Columbia's

fans. They are the only fan section I know who

turns their back/or reads a paper when the the

Lawrenceburg team is being introduced. Also the fans

were almost on the floor, trying to distract the players,

and calling them names. I was close enough to the Columbia

fan section to witness their poor sportmanship.

Thanks for clearing it up about the stealing sign. Some of the adults on Columbia's side took it a different way. The student section on the visitors side is rather small as it is at most places so maybe that is why they were wrapped around in the corner by the cheerleaders.I will not defend all the actions of the students but maybe they stole the sign because it insulted a player. I don't know. They may have thought they were defending them. That does not mean it was right. Most of the signs were fine just don't make them personal about situations people don't know everything about. I have to say that I am always impressed by the spirit of the L'burg fans and their band plays a big part in the atmosphere in the gym. You would think that the so called award winning band at Central would show some school spirit and support but they are only into their own competition.

The one that people were most concerned with was something like Teachers Beware Wadale Is Here, At Least We Don't Steal, which was explained. The others were nothing - Fred can't even bench the bar, Fred Who? Wadale Who? I don't think Wadale was cussing the refs or he would have gotten a tech. He as well as most say things about calls or things they do wrong. The fans on both sides should have cussed the refs they were bad for both sides. Fred as well as all the starters on the Central team are pretty quiet layed back guys from what I know and have heard from others. So that is not something any of them would usually do unless very frustrated.

[Edited by flyer on 12-6-02 4:15P]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LawCoHighGuy

Ok im gonna end it all....i sat on the front row of the game and NO players cusses the refs as far as i heard...but cussing the fans is a whole differnt thing,...i was cussed out by fred and wadelye both...it didnt bother me and i didnt think nethang of it cuz i was holdin up a sign that said fred's a girl....he had the right to get mad....the post about the small visitors side is totally a waste of space on this site....there were so many empty rows on ur side that everyone could have laid down....so now that all of that is settled im glad you all enjoyed our signs and that it sparked up this convo becuz that shows me we did our job and that it wasnt unnoticed. VP of tha senior class at LCHS :D

Took you a while to think up all that garbage because none of it is true. You also need some glasses if you thought the visitors side or student section was not full. Fred a girl? Let him hit you just once on the field. Like I posted before it was just the sign about a matter you know nothing about that was not appropriate. Make all the signs you want, if you think that will help your team,because you apparently think they need all the help they can get. What they need to do is learn some skills and not play so dirty like they did against Giles Co. and many others. Your athletics must be one of the most hated in this area because I never hear anything nice from anyone who play you because you talk trash and have to make up for the way you play by trying to take the other players out. No class. Let it drop and just play good basketball.