Polk County @ McMinn Central

blitzinbuc

(I'm posting this because logcabinman has been slacking in his duties to post upcoming McMinn Central games)   :rolleyes: 

Big rivalry game next week between two teams looking to turn around their programs, and both teams would like nothing better than to beat their neighbor. 
Coach Davis has the Wildcats at 3-0, and Coach Moody has the Chargers at 2-1.   
What are your thoughts?

Edited by blitzinbuc

I think central may have edge where it's played in Englewood. But also think centrals oppenents Mcminn county and Signal mountain are much better teams than copper Basin and Sequoyah.   And polk beat tellico just by 1 point more .Do think it'll come down to the wire but I think central players would like nothing more than to beat DD and their rivals.

Edited by RichyRich

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I think central may have edge where it's played in Englewood. But also think centrals oppenents Mcminn county and Signal mountain are much better teams than copper Basin and Sequoyah.   And polk beat tellico just by 1 point more .Do think it'll come down to the wire but I think central players would like nothing more than to beat DD and their rivals.

Playing at home should be an edge for Central, with their fans more energized and excited.
I guarantee you Centrals' Seniors will want to beat Davis. One of the Seniors told me before the season they felt like Davis let them down after all the talk he did about wanting to stay there and build the program, then he left.
Signal Mountain is better than anyone that Polk has beat. As Coach Moody said, Polk was undefeated last year when Central beat them. 

14 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Playing at home should be an edge for Central, with their fans more energized and excited.
I guarantee you Centrals' Seniors will want to beat Davis. One of the Seniors told me before the season they felt like Davis let them down after all the talk he did about wanting to stay there and build the program, then he left.
Signal Mountain is better than anyone that Polk has beat. As Coach Moody said, Polk was undefeated last year when Central beat them. 

I hate to agree but I kinda feel the same way he jumped shipped to rhea and then jumped ship back to polk

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I hate to agree but I kinda feel the same way he jumped shipped to rhea and then jumped ship back to polk

I think a note of edification is needed on my comment above about coach Davis. What the Senior told me was what he and his teammates felt at the time Davis left. They had just finished their sophomore season and naturally a player hates to lose their coach - especially one they liked. It's hard for a 15-16 year old to understand adult decisions and life - and no doubt they were hurting some at that time.  But life goes on and with time they matured and realized Davis did what he did because he thought it was best for him and his family. Central's Seniors have a new coach in his second season and they're very happy with him - so coach Davis hasn't been in their mind. 
So when I say the Seniors want to win the game it's not because of a hate for Davis - not at all. The motive to win has more to do with it being Polk County. 

34 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think a note of edification is needed on my comment above about coach Davis. What the Senior told me was what he and his teammates felt at the time Davis left. They had just finished their sophomore season and naturally a player hates to lose their coach - especially one they liked. It's hard for a 15-16 year old to understand adult decisions and life - and no doubt they were hurting some at that time.  But life goes on and with time they matured and realized Davis did what he did because he thought it was best for him and his family. Central's Seniors have a new coach in his second season and they're very happy with him - so coach Davis hasn't been in their mind. 
So when I say the Seniors want to win the game it's not because of a hate for Davis - not at all. The motive to win has more to do with it being Polk County. 

I just felt like  anyone would want to beat an old coach of theirs in game. Especially at that age.  I 

Edited by RichyRich

Coach Rech has turned it on since week 1. Team has made a turn and getting back to that physicality we watched in camp. Offense puttered last game but could blame the rain for that. Signal is a young team and they'll be solid next two years. Polk is also young but they're playing tough, physical football. Polk runs a cover 3 though,  so Moody's passing attack will give them fits. If Polk falls behind early then it'll be tough to come back. 

Should be another W for the Chargers and then it's back to focusing on winning this region championship. Will come down to Cebtral and Sweetwater or Loudon. 9-1 is still a possibility! Go get it!

Polk 19

Central 38