Fairview @ Waverly 3A Region 6 Championship

Trollin

Fairview and Waverly are both undefeated in Region play. Winner on Friday locks up Championship and #1 seed. Both teams seem to be pretty equal as far as looking at previous matchups. This game has always been a good game and I expect it to be great this Friday! Be sure to go to the link below to vote this game as Titans game of the week starting Monday morning! 

Fairview @ Waverly Game of Week Vote Here

Expecting a hard fought, back and forth battle in this one. I agree with Trollin that Waverly probably has the better offense and Fairview has the better defense. As for how that shakes out on the field, who knows but I am very anxious to see. 

Strength on Strength is Waverly running Elliott between/off tackle into the heart of our defense and I'm sure they plan on doing just that for the majority of the game. Can't say I blame them either. He's a stud. 

This game will be low scoring IMO. 

It should be a good game. 

Fairviews offense is kind of an old style grind it out with the big back and big guys up front. They will try to keep the ball out of Waverlys offenses hands. The Waverly O Vs. the Fairview D is a very good matchup. Im not sure it will be a low scoring game. I think Waverly has a good enough defense to win this. If we slow (notice I said slow, he’s a stud as well!) Grant down on the off tackle/Sally’s and keep our small CB helped over the top then I think we control the game. Just my thoughts! 

It should be a great game.  Both teams were tested by White House early and then won handily in the end.  Both teams cruised through the rest of the region slate pretty much unchallenged.  Both teams played Camden and won comfortably as well.  Both teams scrimmaged an improved Harpeth team.  

Waverly had one serious test against Columbia Academy earlier in the season.  

Fairview played three serious tests earlier in the season against Page, Westview, and Creek Wood.  

The contests in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 were absolute classics.  I hope that both teams keep one another on the schedule the next cycle since it appears that both will be in different classifications.  

Fairview should win this game by 28+. 

Waverly’s biggest weakness is their secondary. I believe Fairview will challenge them early with deep balls. 11 for Faiview runs the ball hard. He isn't as elusive or fast as 20 from Waverly but he will pick up the tough yards consistently. 34 is the best athlete in the region.

Fairviews defense is the key to this game. I believe their defense will dominate this football game. They are all fast and athletic. Their DC has them playing great defense. 

Edited by WDE7227391

8 hours ago, WDE7227391 said:

Fairview should win this game by 28+. 

Waverly’s biggest weakness is their secondary. I believe Fairview will challenge them early with deep balls. 11 for Faiview runs the ball hard. He isn't as elusive or fast as 20 from Waverly but he will pick up the tough yards consistently. 34 is the best athlete in the region.

Fairviews defense is the key to this game. I believe their defense will dominate this football game. They are all fast and athletic. Their DC has them playing great defense. 

28+ ? Come on now. That’s a bold statement. They didn’t even beat y’all by 28+. 

This game will be a battle. Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes wins this game. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

This game will be a battle. Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes wins this game. 

In all honesty waverlys defensive strength which is their d line matches up very well vs Fairviews biggest weakness their o line.

I believe Fairview has the better skill players. 20 and 9 for waverly are good players. 34 11 3 and 2 for fairview would start for a lot of 6A teams across the state.

54 minutes ago, WDE7227391 said:

In all honesty waverlys defensive strength which is their d line matches up very well vs Fairviews biggest weakness their o line.

I believe Fairview has the better skill players. 20 and 9 for waverly are good players. 34 11 3 and 2 for fairview would start for a lot of 6A teams across the state.

Fairview always has a lot of good skill kids. No doubt they will give us all they want. I think our offensive scheme will be tough to stop. I believe defense and special teams wins this game. I believe it will be a high scoring game with each team swapping licks. Least mistakes win and could come down to last person with the ball. Almost all our previous matchups the last 8 years have been decided by a touchdown or less. 

9 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Fairview always has a lot of good skill kids. No doubt they will give us all they want. I think our offensive scheme will be tough to stop. I believe defense and special teams wins this game. I believe it will be a high scoring game with each team swapping licks. Least mistakes win and could come down to last person with the ball. Almost all our previous matchups the last 8 years have been decided by a touchdown or less. 

Not so sure about last year.  It was a tail whipping here at FV.  

1 hour ago, WDE7227391 said:

Wow that’s high praise for those 4. I’d take our skill guys over any in our Region. From our QB, RB, to all 3 WR! 

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

The same poster that's getting you animated was the same person who said Sycamore would beat Fairview 34-7 last week.  He probably means Waverly wins by 28.  Remember that Waverly was the favorite to win the region in the preseason, not Fairview.

I haven’t seen Fairview this year but I’d say they have been more tested than Waverly has been. Will that mean that they win no it doesn’t but I know it helps. If we “Waverly” can protect the ball I like our chances. We just can’t come out flat. We need to punch them right in the mouth and score quickly. I think it will be a high scoring game. Can’t wait. Safe travels to the Fairview folks.