Top 5 public VS. Top 5 private

dogbreath

Cloudland, Greenback, Bruceton, Collinwood, Gordonsville

Boyd, Ezell, USJ, Fayette Academy, CPA

Come on public schools just because they win every game against you, you should not want to water down the competition. Just because they can get players from anywhere doesn't mean anything. Your coaches are no good, your players want work hard enough, so just take it on the chin and be a man, because you don't have any chance anyway. They have the money, you just better like it. Check the records 1A top 5 and you will see. Publics probably have not won over 3 games in the past 2 years against the top five privates.They don't have any advantage, you can see it. Just hard work.

I don't know about the other private schools, but show me where Boyd gets their money for funding athletes? Take a look at their facilities. Not exactly the type that would make any athlete drool to come play at. A football field filled with goose turds, visiting stands that hold maybe 100, locker rooms that aren't all that special. Boyd doesn't have the kind of money that people think they do. A lot of the things they get for sports is from fundraisers. Maybe if public schools had fundraisers they might make a little more money for sports. The reason privates have lots of talent is because more and more students are going to privates. Naturally athletes will be mixed in with those groups. Parents don't like the public school system, so they are either sending them to a private school or are just homeschooloing them. And if their kids are good athletes it doesn't make sense to homeschool them, so they send them to a private school. If the public school system would improve, more students would stay.

With all due respect to you dogbreath, I must ask what is the purpose of your post here? Three things are obvious to everyone. First, private schools have won the majority of 1A state championships recently. Second, rural schools like those you support need some relief in the current classification system. Third, most everyone on the board agrees that some changes need to be made.

I admit that I am new to the board, but I have read enough to know that you seem to keep repeating the obvious. Continuing to complain about other schools and repeating the same old rhetoric will not help us resolve the problems. Am I wrong?

If I am wrong, then set me straight. If I am right, why not spend your time and energy suggesting ideas for improving the system?