Rhea County at Knox Central

ADS1

3 minutes ago, Eagle57 said:

Very very sloppily played game. RC could have won even with all three of our rbs hurt. Hope Davis's injury doesn't carry over to next week. Not sure it's a good idea to have him playing both sides of the ball  But as always.......Go Eagles!

I called it, Davis on defense was going to lead to injury and over usage. Hope he’s alright. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

Well hard fought game but goodness it was very sloppy. Thank goodness next week is Howard. Central made two or three more key plays and that was the difference. Kind of scratching my head on a few things but it’s a non-region game, so hopefully the guys get healed up for Howard. 

4th and goal at the one... QB sneak gets about three yards every time... Not tonight, let's hand it to one of our banged up backs... Ugh.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Play calling was pretty bad tonight. I know it makes it hard when your top two TB’s are out but when you have the ball second and goal on the 5 in a 7-7 game late then you use your 6’4 QB to sneak it three plays in a row if necessary. 

Then down 14-7 and deep in Central territory another second and five and you hand it to the fourth string TB. Then on third and fourth down you throw. 

Very confusing but hopefully the play caller will learn from his mistakes. 

Need to probably rest both TB this week and get them ready for Cleveland. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

Well hard fought game but goodness it was very sloppy. Thank goodness next week is Howard. Central made two or three more key plays and that was the difference. Kind of scratching my head on a few things but it’s a non-region game, so hopefully the guys get healed up for Howard. 

What made you scratch your head? Watched the game online so would love to hear your thoughts

14 hours ago, OldIndian1 said:

Play calling was pretty bad tonight. I know it makes it hard when your top two TB’s are out but when you have the ball second and goal on the 5 in a 7-7 game late then you use your 6’4 QB to sneak it three plays in a row if necessary. 

Then down 14-7 and deep in Central territory another second and five and you hand it to the fourth string TB. Then on third and fourth down you throw. 

Very confusing but hopefully the play caller will learn from his mistakes. 

Need to probably rest both TB this week and get them ready for Cleveland. 

The play caller aka HC pemberton….

1 hour ago, Random1234 said:

What made you scratch your head? Watched the game online so would love to hear your thoughts

The big one that sticks out in my mind is the 4th and goal on the 1 and not going with the QB sneak. That is staple in Pemberton’s offense and usually gets atleast a few yards when we run it. I’ll give credit to Central’s line they are pretty good but in that situation let Carr and the O-line get the yard.