Cornersville @ Huntland

HerefortheDAWGS

On 10/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Rewatched the game. Don't have access to official stats, but it does appear Phil was correct/close in his stats. I have Ben at 18 carries for 103 yards. Our offensive line played as bad as they did against Collinwood. The penetration by the Huntland D line was insane. They were chasing us down from the middle and back side all night and walling off whichever direction we were going. Overall the bye week did not serve us well. Far too many penalties, wrong line ups, delay of games (how in the world do you not have a visible play clock at high school in 2023?) We had 2 ejections for unsportsmanlike conduct, all due to mouthing. 

I have said before, you shut Ben down and you beat Cornersville. So how did we win this game? #9 Blaine Woodard was the man along with some great plays by his receivers! #9 had the best game of his career! By my counts, he went 11 out of 15 for 155 yards and 3 touchdown passes! He was patient and read the field very well. These boys did exactly what this offense is designed to do, get them biting on the run and shutting it down and making them pay in the play action game. Touchdowns were spread amongst the team, Ben 2 rushing touchdowns, Uland, Cooper, Schillig each with one TD reception each. These boys won this as a team when what typically worked was not working, they found a way. Great play calling from the box! 

Coach Cook did an amazing job gathering his team and getting them mentally focused after the slew of penalties and ejections and they finished strong with no more penalties. Coach Cook showed the leadership we all knew he would show and made one of the best in game speeches I have had the pleasure of witnessing. All coaches post game speeches were on point as well. The win did not overshadow the poor line performance and penalties and they let it be known. 

Chalk this one up. Come back next week stronger and knock off that rust! Go DAWGS! A win next week and loss by Collinwood would put us second in the region! 

Stats I saw was 18 Carrie’s 104 yards

1 hour ago, City223 said:

yea but they didn’t give him that many carries is what i’m saying. they probably held off on running him so much

113 yards 3 touchdowns on the night. 

But It was a passing night with Woodard throwing for 177 yards and 3 TDs, With them selling hard out for the run.

1 hour ago, dawgswin said:

113 yards 3 touchdowns on the night. 

But It was a passing night with Woodard throwing for 177 yards and 3 TDs, With them selling hard out for the run.

gotta do what you gotta do to win. i just don’t understand the bashing ben for good stats 

Edited by City223
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1