The Govs are tied 28-28 with Jefferson County at halftime

GovForce1

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

WB threw a pick on their first drive, punted on second drive and was down 14-0. Then, on 3rd and 25, their QB ran around and threw up a punt. 3 JC defenders watched the WB receiver catch it. Just dumb. WB proceeded to score on that drive. Then Jeff’s defense when brain dead and couldn’t line up for 3 drives. Just lost focus against a bad team. Went in, made adjustments and took an #### chewing, came out and treated WB to a 40-0 half. The teams WB beat have a combined record of 11-42, with 5 of those wins coming against other team WB beat. 

I will say that the QB is a good athlete and escape artist. Just no help. And the defense … oh my

You mean the WB offense settled in and started having success like it has all year? My biggest takeaway from this game is that we finally executed to end the half. We didn't do that against Science Hill or Dobyns Bennett and it was sweet to do it on the road. 

• Sad 1

Just now, GovForce1 said:

You mean the WB offense settled in and started having success like it has all year? My biggest takeaway from this game is that we finally executed to end the half. We didn't do that against Science Hill or Dobyns Bennett and it was sweet to do it on the road. 

What happen to them in the 2nd half?

Your young backs didn’t gain 20 yds in the second half. I love that you support your team so well, but they aren’t any good. Jeff relaxed in the 2nd qtr and allowed 21 points. You had 2 first downs until the last drive when Jeff had all backups in. Then you got a couple and Reeves calls a TO down 40 with 5s left to try and get one in the endzone. That is a loser mentality

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Your young backs didn’t gain 20 yds in the second half. I love that you support your team so well, but they aren’t any good. Jeff relaxed in the 2nd qtr and allowed 21 points. You had 2 first downs until the last drive when Jeff had all backups in. Then you got a couple and Reeves calls a TO down 40 with 5s left to try and get one in the endzone. That is a loser mentality

We still scored 28 points on you in one half. That's probably more than anyone else has scored on you all season. The first half is part of the game too. Just saying. Also, is that a loser mentality? Or is it a loser mentality to have your starters in until the very end when you have a big lead because you got embarrassed in the first half. 

Edited by GovForce1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GovForce1 said:

We still scored 28 points on you in one half. That's probably more than anyone else has scored on you all season. The first half is part of the game too. Just saying. Also, is that a loser mentality? Or is it a loser mentality to have your starters in until the very end when you have a big lead because you got embarrassed in the first half. 

Not trying to be a rear-end but scoring 28 points on a team in a half and calling it a moral victory is like telling the players they're 'Champions of Life'.   Yes, it was a good thing for a half, but......

• Like 1