2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

The kid is on our JV basketball team, so I assume so. Didn’t know Vonce was fired.

Yea he got fired from his TA job last year and got fired from his coaching position after this season. Rang blames him for the loss to clinton albeit he does a strong case against him but to me both are at fault

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea he got fired from his TA job last year and got fired from his coaching position after this season. Rang blames him for the loss to clinton albeit he does a strong case against him but to me both are at fault

During the game I found it very odd that neither Pryce Davis or Izzy Mitchell were in the game at corner, but Vonce son was, the least experienced out of all of them. 2 senior leaders on the bench in a crucial part of the game watching. I guess that’s what you’re referring to?

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

During the game I found it very odd that neither Pryce Davis or Izzy Mitchell were in the game at corner, but Vonce son was, the least experienced out of all of them. 2 senior leaders on the bench in a crucial part of the game watching. I guess that’s what you’re referring to?

I would say that Henderson was better than both talent wise imo, maybe not maturity but to each their own. The issue was the DC in the box was calling a defense and Vonce was changing the coverage to perhaps help his son. It did not work obviously. 

I would say that would maybe go on for one series at most until it is figured out. If it continues then Vonce is no longer on the sideline at all, fired on the spot and Gaddis would actually have to work for once. Rang should've put a stop to it immediately as the HC and did not. Maybe he was too worried about that and thats why he didn't give the ball to dozier enough.

4 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I would say that Henderson was better than both talent wise imo, maybe not maturity but to each their own. The issue was the DC in the box was calling a defense and Vonce was changing the coverage to perhaps help his son. It did not work obviously. 

I would say that would maybe go on for one series at most until it is figured out. If it continues then Vonce is no longer on the sideline at all, fired on the spot and Gaddis would actually have to work for once. Rang should've put a stop to it immediately as the HC and did not. Maybe he was too worried about that and thats why he didn't give the ball to dozier enough.

Ahh, so overriding his authority. That’ll do it every time. I agree that Henderson is more talented, but not as much to override the experience of the other 2. He kept getting burned and they never took him out. It’s all water under the bridge now anyway.

Just now, SweetScience said:

Ahh, so overriding his authority. That’ll do it every time. I agree that Henderson is more talented, but not as much to override the experience of the other 2. He kept getting burned and they never took him out. It’s all water under the bridge now anyway.

IMO it was long overdue. Gaddis brought him on because he was suppose to be a recruiter and he did bring in Rogers and Hundley but you saw how that worked out for Gaddis. 3-8. He didn't help himself by changing OCs either that last year. But Vonce did not bring anyone else and was not helping in any other regard. I am sure he will be loud in the community if he chooses to stay around. He knows where bodies are buried too. 

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

IMO it was long overdue. Gaddis brought him on because he was suppose to be a recruiter and he did bring in Rogers and Hundley but you saw how that worked out for Gaddis. 3-8. He didn't help himself by changing OCs either that last year. But Vonce did not bring anyone else and was not helping in any other regard. I am sure he will be loud in the community if he chooses to stay around. He knows where bodies are buried too. 

One thing about Rang is he doesn’t put up with shenanigans it doesn’t seem. I do like that about him.