Region Tournament Location Question

Orangeslide

15 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

2-AAAA is at William Blount on Tuesday night. Bearden vs Oak ridge at 6:00. Maryville vs William Blount to follow at 7:30. If WB wins it will be there again on Thursday. Not sure who would host if it is Maryville vs Oak Ridge in the finals.

I would assume it would stay at William Blount. I don’t think I’ve ever seen separate region tournament locations for the semi-finals and finals. 

The region 2-AAA semi-finals on Tuesday: 6 pm-  Clinton vs Fulton. 7:45- Anderson County vs Union County. I wonder will these games be played at a district 3 gym or a district 4 gym? Don’t think AC could host because of their bleacher situation. 

Edited by Orangeslide

2 hours ago, HOOPSGURU said:

AC is the spot 

I guess AC has the required seating to host then. Their lower level bleacher situation has existed for 2 years. Not sure what the hold up is with that situation. If they indeed are hosting, a huge advantage for them. They’ve already beaten Union County twice in the regular season and getting them on their home floor is advantage AC. AC has come out smelling like a rose, with the controversial buzzer beater in district final with Clinton. Because of that they were able to avoid Fulton until the region finals, which gets them a guaranteed sectional game which will be on the road. But none the less they will get an opportunity to play with a chance to qualify for the state tournament.  I guess Clinton is still steaming as they get Fulton in the semis and their season will be over.