D2 2003

BigRed3

Mafiaman...with an exception in father ryan last year, when has the middle region ever dominated the DII championship, cbhs over the last 5 years has had a chokehold on the title, and right before the split Germantown owned everyone. i'm gunna agree with BriC and say that the most influence right now hangs in the east. after playing baylor twice last year, i see no reason why they shouldn't return to where they were last year, if not go farter, and i'm not very familiar with Webb, but the word on the street is they're going to throw their weight around as well. as for the middle region, we have 4 mediocre teamsn right now that are going to battle it out every game, with no easy prediction as region champ. with that said i regretably comment that the middle region has no "team to beat" right now, that can dominate in any sense of the word accross the state. The middle region has never pushed around the rest of the state in DII until last year, and we have no ground to say that that's the case this year either. However, I hope i'm proven wrong in the spring.

Good luck to all teams in west, middle, and east tennessee this year, and let's see where the chips fall.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In d2 baseball this year i think the top two teams from the east are webb and baylor. mcallie loses a lot. unlike baylor and webb they only lose two seniors. i think webb we take it to baylor and win the region this year. father ryan will always be a challenge. they got a great catcher and line up. it will be a close d2 springfling this year unlike last year with father ryan dominating.

BR3, the midstate is a great situation. Great competition

across 4 teams in D2. You know it has to make all of the

teams better. You just never know, although you have to

give a leg up to Father Ryan as the reigning State Champs.

I'll guarantee you that MBA, BGA, and BA will be pulling out

all of the stops to knock em' off.