James vs. Leen

BHD

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, i ate my words. im admitting it. i still think kyle is better. kyle had a bad tournament, but leen put on show tonight and i give him all the props for that. i never said anything bad about leen. i said that i thought he dodged kyle because he is there 119lbs. and he wrestled 125lbs. in the dual. its plane to see that he's not dodging kyle because he wrestled his weight tonight and he shut him out. leen is a very good wrestler and ive always said that. he had a great tourn. congrats to leen.

Rabbitt, I think mobee is referring to the the remarks that Leen dodged James, which in other words you were calling Leen a chicken and you also said that Cordell had a zero chance to beat James?????? It is ok to have an opinion but when you make a statement like Cordell has a zero chance then your opinion shouldn't be taken very seriously. It those kind of statements that make others realize you really don't know what you're talking about and that you're just being a big SD cheerleader. Cordell is a 2X state champion and has more than a zero chance. In my opinion Cordell will win in a good match, but James does have the ability to upset Cordell. I can't wait to see the match.

sly, if you think cordell can beat james, then i really dont think you know what your talking about. leen and cordell are on 2 different levels. kyle wrestled the worst he could possably wrestle this weekend. kyle beat the collins hill kid this weekend didnt he? thought so. collins hill beat cordell didnt he? thoguht so. so i wouldnt call kyle beating cordell an upset. all props to leen this weekend. im not bad mouthing shawn. i use to babysit him growing up and am very good friends with the family. he is an awsome kid and a good wrestle, but he can not beat kyle. kyle has realized a lot of things this weekend and he's about to turn it up big time. we'll talk after they wrestle in january. good luck to kyle and shawn.

Rabbitt, Sure I think Cordell can beat James and if you read all of my post you'll see that I think James could win as well. It's just my opinion that Cordell will win when they wrestle. Also, if you want to use the Collins Hill kid as a measuring stick then you should realize that Kyle's match with him was close and Cordell lost in O.T. to him so it shouldn't be hard to see that a James/Cordell match would be a good close match as well. YOU are the one who said that Cordell had ZERO chance and it's that statement I find to be a joke. Cordell is a 2X State Champion and you give him ZERO chance to win. Get real. I'll bet if you ask Kyle or better yet Coach Henry they'll tell you that Cordell has more than a zero chance to win and that Kyle better wrestle his best or the results will the same as his match with Leen at McCallie. You are right about one thing they'll have an opportunity to settle this one on the mats. Good luck to both wrestlers.

Guest boogerboo2

I will agree with Rabbitt. I think that Cordell is an outstanding wrestler but when he wrestles Soddy he is just sol because if he goes 125 Brown will beat him and if he stays at 119 James will take it to him.

I'm pretty familiar with all four kids you're talking about here. The Parker kid from Collins is a very good wrestler and been tough for everyone. Last year he lost in the McCallie Inv. to James in double overtime, he also lost last year to Cordell in double overtime. This year he beat Cordell in overtime and should have been awarded the take down against James. I think James and Cordell are very close, both have very defensive styles. The one thing I did notice, and you might want to pass on to James, he didn't shoot or do anything offensive from his feet in the semi-finals or finals. If he'll pull the trigger and be more offensive from his feet, on these top ranked kids, he could be special.

If I'm not mistaken, James and Parker (Collins Hill) get another shot at each other very soon.

[Edited by RMC on 12-24-02 8:51A]

This is Tike Gooden from Red Bank. Shawn Cordell and I are best friends. When he left Red Bank, it was for the best thing for him. We lost some contact, but we still consider each other very close and spend some time together occasionally. Shawn doesn't give himself enough credit on the mat. He's very good from top/bottom, and excellent from his feet. He just always gives his opponent the advantage mentally. I talked to Kyle James this weekend, and he said that he would beat Shawn, that's why he's not dropping to 112, also because it's better for their team. Kyle didn't take anything from Shawn, but did say that he'd beat him. Both, are really good wrestlers. I know Kyle went to some tournaments over the summer and worked really hard over the summer, but Shawn has been to camps and he's been working with the best team in the state the whole year. But people can't get on here saying that either one will kill the other or just take it to the other, because it'll be close between them both. If Shawn wrestles his match, he should win, and be a 3X state champ. Remember Shawn beat Kyle a couple of times their freshmen year, but I think Kyle may have won one too. It'll be very close between these two competitive wrestlers. Good Luck to both wrestlers! And it will be a very good finals match.