mba/overton

heartbreakkid

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twittycane???

I don't know what match you were watching but the match between Seaman and Brewster was nothing close to domination. Brewster and Seaman wrestled even in the first mostly on their feet and exchanged takedowns and escapes. Early in the second period Brewster made a five point mistake by taking a craddle the wrong way and after that scored an escape for an 8-4 Seaman lead at the end of the second period. From there most of the third perid was Seamans riding and finding the edge of the mat everytime Brewster stood up. Brewster finally escaped to close to 8-5, still hardly domination. Late in the third with time running out Brewster has to open up to try to win (losing by three or thirteen who cares, you go for it) and gives up the takedown and then escapes as time runs out for a 10-6 victory for Seamans, hardly domination. Additionally, there was an illegal hammerlock that injures Brewster in the seond period that's not called. I saw no such so called domination. Seamens won a hard fought match and deserves to be called the Champion for that tournament. Congratulations to Seamans and good luck the rest of the year. BUT THERE WAS NO DOMINATION!

Hey iforgot,

I guess what I am calling domination is the fact that Seaman was physically dominating Brewster. Also, as I saw it, in fact it was Brewster constantly fleeing the mat. I bet they were out of bounds at least 10-15 times because of Brewster. At no point in time was Seaman looking like he was going to lose. In my opinion Brewster is going to have to get more physical against the stronger opponents such as Seaman to go far in the state. Brewster used his slide by move entirely to much against Seaman. He needs to mix it up a little more. Brewster is way too predictable. This post in no way is knocking Brewsters talents, just an observation from an unbiased person. I have no ties to Overton or Mt.Juliet. Good luck to Brewster. He is an outstanding wrestler & a good kid.

You need to understand the difference in being driving out and fleeing! A wrestler behind in the match trying to escape doesn't want to go out of bounds once he is on his feet and gaining hand control. That was the only physically dominating thing that could be said about that match. Brewster didn't get in the right position to keep from being driven out. If that is your perception, you need to understand wrestling and mat strategy a little better. By the way, on one of those slide-by's it was Seaman fleeing and if the referee doesn't blow the call out of bounds to soon with Brewster's feet clearly still in bounds it is another takedown and a different match and strategy. Seaman won the match this time, but I hope they get the opportunity to wrestle again. It will be another good scrap and possibly a different result. Thanks twiitycanes, for scrapping with me for a while on this subject. Let's move on!

Thanks iforgot, I will not disagree that I maybe to learn a little more about wrestling in general. But it was nice debating with you. You seem like you know a lot about the sport. I am fairly new to the sport & always enjoy talking about it. Good luck to whoever you support. If you are an Overton guy, please tell the people that ran the tournament they did an outstanding job. Except for concessions!!!!