Tough Job at Hampton

tincup

I thought that I would just start this thread to hear opinions on Hampton basketball and Buddy Hazelwood. I have to applaud Bud on taking on a tough situation by first of all replacing such a legend as Jerry White. Secondly, Bud really doesn't have a full deck to start off with. Especially with the loss of Kevin Harrison due to injury during football season. The program lost alot of talent to graduation last year also. I hope that the fans are somewhat patient and supportive of Bud and give him a chance to succeed. Wins may be scarce this year for sure. On top of everything else, Hampton is in a tough conference to get alot of wins this year. I'm not trying to make excuses for Bud, but everyone needs to realize what a battle he is facing this year. Bud is a hard worker and I know because he coached me during his first year as head coach at Hampton Elementary. I just hope to see the team improve for the future and play hard. If a team is a reflection of their coach, I know this will happen. On a side note, I hate it for Kevin that he is having to miss his senior season. Kevin is a great kid and a coach's dream to coach. Good luck to the Bulldogs and Buddy.

I hope the powers that be give Buddy a couple of years with the Bulldogs to see what he can do, especially after he waited on that job after being offered other area jobs. There is a sneaking suspicion, maybe just a little on my part, that Buddy is going to be the fall guy if Hampton doesn't win in the next year or two, lining up a job an assistant with some political ties. I sincerely hope this isn't the case cause Buddy is a good fundamental coach, and if given the oppurtuninty Hampton will be winning with Buddy within 3 to 4 years even in that tough conference.

Bud will do the job given the support of the "powers to be" plus the fans. He's facing an uphill battle this first year with a young team and the loss of his most experienced player, Kevin Harrison.Bud is a good teacher and knows how to win. However, he has to play the hand he was dealt and their being young will take some time. Also, several of his players have not been out long because of their being in the football playoffs. Sounds like I'm making excuses but I'm not. The Dogs are being rebuilt. Have patience. :x

You probably don't recognize my new identity but we are old friends. I haven't seen you in a while. Nice to hear from you and once again you are quite on top of things. Nice post. You never know what will happen in Carter Co. when it comes to politics. Bud deserves a legitimate shot at getting the program back to it's level of the past.