Congrats to Stefanie Holbrook

showtime7

First of all I do believe its Steph, see you wouldnt know anything about that since youve only known who she was for 3 years. Second of all I really dont care. This record, that record who gives a ish. Point is Im getting to you so Ive accomplished my daily goal. Congratulations "Stefanie" for breaking the prestigious record. Have a Merry Christmas

Showtime7,

Your original message was a very kind gesture from a Shelbyville fan to an Oak Ridge player. I do not have enough "good marks" to give you one but I wish I did. Just curious, were you at the 12-under AAU State Tournament game when Ms Holbrook, playing for the Ridge Runners, hit seven 3-balls against Shelbyville Sport Shop? That Ridge Runner team to this day is my favorite team of all time.

Strange but true...besides being two of the best 3-ball shooters at Oak Ridge, both Sharp and Holbrook have played AAU ball for Shelbyville. Another thing the two players have in common is that they both come from good families.

~~Merry Christmas from Red Bank, Tennessee ;)

Steve

Willie, yes I was there and it was one of the best displays of shooting that I have ever seen. You are right both Sharp and Holbrook are great shooters and great kids to go along with that. Stefanie plays in our AAU program now and Sharp did to. We hope that Stefanie does the same as Sharp did for us when she played for us and that is winning us a 16 under national championship.

I think that Holbrook had an even better to state tourney the next year while playing for the TN Raiders. She played 2 great games vs. Shelbyville and we had nothing to stop her not matter how many people we put on her. The next year the Oak Ridge bunch came on board and have been a joy to work with ever since! Congrats to Stef and keep draining the long ball- except against Shelbyville!

OneManGang,

YOU ARE RIGHT, the AAU State Tournament I was thinking of was the 13-under tournament when Stef was a Tennessee Raider. She hit 7 three-balls against SSS in pool play. Fallon Lee of McMinn Central scored the big bucket in crunch time that allowed the Raiders to defeat Shelbyville in the championship game. Of course, I could be wrong :D

Just imagine if all of the top players at that 13-under State Tournament played on a single AAU team in the Spring/Summer 2003?

Thanks Gang for correcting my information.