Booker T. Washington VS. Oak Hill Academy

cobrafan90

Posted by cobrafan90:

I thought TN schools couldn't play Oak Hill according to this article Memphis BTW will play oak hill.

I thought that was the rule too...dunno what the deal is with that. Maybe they're allowed to play since it's a sanctioned tournament and that was just the draw.

Or maybe the TSSAA will call them Christmas day and tell them they can't go. They did that to Germantown's girls soccer team a couple of years ago.

Guest jockrock2003

They have in the past.

Obion County played them at Union University when Robin Cude was their point guard.

Anyone remember that game?

[Edited by jockrock2003 on 12-18-02 5:28P]

The OC vs Oak Hill game was played at Union Univ in Jackson. I am unaware of any rule. What would make them different? And if TSSAA schools can't play them, what other schools would be excluded?

Anyone remember when OC beat Chiacgo Farragut at Poplar Bluff one Christmas? That was another heck of a game.

i was there at union...it was a packed house....robin cude hit three (3) pointers from about 28+feet in the first quarter......

if i recall, oak hill came in ranked #1 or #2 in the nation and oc only got beat by about 6 or 7........

i do not believe that oak hill ever saw a team that could hit that many 3's, from outside, and i mean outside...like in the parking lot.....

That's the style that OC played back then. Robin could hit from anywhere and Matt Harris could knock around down low with anyone! Robin was/is such a great guy, it was really a pleasure to watch him play. He works for 97.7 now from Trenton/Dyer doing sports. He has his own call in show that he does very well.