Riverdale 52 - Clarksville HS 36

gomab2

Riverdale won tonight handily over Clarksville HS 52-36 in a game that at one point late was a 20 point margin... Clarksville had no answers offensively, with no player scoring more than 7 points (led by Tario Fredrick and #34)..... #42 Whitaker looked good at times, as did #24 Bracey..... #20 Jr G Quinn Bradley played decent defensively, but cannot knock down an outside shot.....

Riverdale was led by Jr G LaBrian Lyons with 15 points, 3 boards, and 5 assists; and Sr F Josh England with 14 points and 11 boards......Fr Gaston Miller added 4 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists..... England tallied yet another double-double with this game...... Lyons is one of the better passing Jr 2G's I have seen, and is often called upon to run PG for the Warriors......

Thats crazy how Clarksville beat a talented Oakland team only to fall to a mediocre Riverdale squad. I thought with the exception of Lyons and England, Riverdale was very average at best. Those two players make them a contender. I love Gaston Miller he plays really hard and knows how to play.

For Clarksville if Quinn cant knock the jumper down consistently from outside then they'll be a team to beat. Hopson(#34) shoots alot so hes bound to score in the teens. Whitaker to only be a sophmore more is very athletic and RAW at this point. once he gets the game down he'll be tough to handle.

GOMAB what did you think about Whitaker? That was a player during substates Shawn was looking to steal from Clarksville Magic to add to Midstate.

I REALLY like Whitaker.... I honestly thought he was the second best player Clarksville had, yet his minutes and touches were limited..... He is soooo athletic, and has some good moves inside... He reminds me a tad of Antwan......

I actually liked Quinn's game, but was dissapointed at the same time.... He could be doing so much more out there, but was such a non-factor...... He is rangier, and more athletic than I remembered him, but was simply a non-factor, and didn't look like he could shoot a lick....

#24, Bracy was actually the third player that caught my eye, with his quickness and defense... Tario was mediocre at best.......