Sparta vs. Jackson Co. on 12/21

pinkpanther

Sparta hit a new low point for the season tonight. They got outplayed by a Jackson Co. team that wasn't even in their league. Get a rebound guys! I'm beginning to think you're right 85warrior. This team probably won't win as many games as last year's team. The 5 or 6 you've been saying might even be a stretch. Sorry to be so negative, but facts is facts.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as pro-Slatten as you get. I'm going to say one of my first negative things about him, though. During warm-ups last night, he was out on the floor with the boys. He was throwing the ball around during drills and things like that. I've never seen him doing that before. I thought that maybe he and his team had turned a corner. The game proved otherwise. It just doesn't look like the players are reponding to him. If this is true, something needs to change. I don't mean we need a new coach. I just mean that something needs to be done to get everyone on the same page. Sparta has the talent to win some games. Maybe it's time for a team meeting or something. A team doesn't belong to a coach. A coach is part of a team. If all the parts aren't working in unison, the team isn't going to be functioning at its best. Maybe Slatten needs to sit down and find out where his players are. If going back to square one will get things on the right track, then that's where they need to go.

white county warriors playing there rotation style offense is really starting to bore the fans right out of there seats. the most action at the boys games any more is betting which quarter goofy is going to get his next technical. if this is the only style ball goofy knows lets hope they dont play any triple a teams. when you cant beat single and double a teams sparta dont have a chance. the boys try hard but there leadership lacks not only from there young team but also from a very unpredictable coach. the fans from sparta are starting to get sleepy syndrome

:):):) maybe warrior fans can leave after the girls game so they wont be sleepy going home from all the low action low scoring ball games. thats all folks....

ktown...I haven't seen "Goofy" get a technical yet this year. I've only missed 2 home games, so where are all these T's you're talking about coming from? I've only heard about him getting 1 technical at all. It sounds like you're just looking for something to complain about. You and benchcoach from the girls' board need to get together and have a gripe session. You can gripe about Slatten, then he can gripe about Hess. Maybe if you two complain to each other, the rest of us won't have to put up with it all the time. What's your problem with Slatten anyway?

[Edited by pinkpanther on 12-22-02 10:11P]

Benchcoach, You are right it was a sad night for White County. Our team needs a go to guy like #44 is for Jackson County. At one point we were up by 9 points in the second quarter after #44 got his second foul. They sit him down until about 2 minutes to go in the quarter then he comes in and scores 7 straight points. That's leadership!!!! This type of leadership is what White County is lacking. Another quality we are lacking is consistent guard play. Our guards could not hit the broad side of a barn Saturday night. Hess was the only guard shooting the ball well (8 points in the first half) on four shots. Do we not have any guards on the team that can shoot the ball consistently? :confused:

layup- I refuse to comment on the Grundy Co. game. I was kind of sad to see that we had invited them. Should have brought the middle school team up or let your JV play them. Why don't you tell us what Grundy Co. will achieve this year or has ever achieve. So you know who I am do you, man you sure i'm not that reporter. Thats cool you want to call me out and put my initials on here. I've known who you are for 4 months and havn't called out your comments on here. You get on here and act like an uninformed fan or something......maybe that is why we are struggling cause our uniformed fans on here are also sitting and coaching our boys.

[Edited by fastereddie on 12-24-02 8:55A]

What all players for Jackson Co. were better than the players for White Co.

With the exception of #44, Jackson Co. didn't have a kid I saw that would start for our team. Hey layup, you are on the inside to say the least, who would start for us from Jackson Co.?

I mean anybody answer, other than #44 maybe one kid the little shooter would start but who knows where at on out team.

Yeah Jackson Co. is full of talent.....right

I gotta question for everyone on here that keeps up with White Co. basketball. As most of you know a lot of the players get on here and read what is talked about, but very few of them post. HOwever, most of them have a decent idea of who does post on here. What kind of example would it set for the team if one of the coaches got on here and argued back and forth with us fans? Do you think that is an appropriate action for a coach? I'm just wondering cause I"ve HEARD there might be one among us. Maybe its only hear say but if I hear that I bet the players do. That would set a terrible example for the team to see their coach argue back and forth with fans don't you think? I mean you would think they got bigger problems on their hands at this point wouldn't you? Just thought I would ask others opinions on this matter, maybe it would be alright for a coach to go back and forth on here.

benchcoach- I tell you what I'll coach the guys next year if you coach the girls? You think we could get a package deal or something from Haley? I mean hook it up i'm ready when you are.