mccallie hospitality

BHD

I want to point out something I observed this weekend at the Powerade Invitational. I was talking with a friend who had a daughter working the tournament as a Soddy Daisy Little Sister. The little sisters worked the tables for the tnmt both friday and saturday night. It appeared that little sisters were stationed at probably 90% of the tables and doing most or all of the bout sheet running. These girls work extremely hard and are very dedicated, and they are very often underappreciated. At most tournemants these girls work, the tournament directors understand this and take care of the girls by feeding them in their hospitality room. Apparently, they are taken care of everywhere they go w/the exception of the Powerade Invitational. These girls work non-stop at a thankless job, and they were offered a coupon for a slice of pizza??? I used the hospitality room one time to grab some water and I saw mccallie kids all over the place munching out, so why not invite the little sisters in as well? maybe this sounds petty, but I feel it's worth mentioning. If we don't take care of the people who work to support our sport, then we are collectively shooting ourselves in the foot because those good people who help out will go away. Case in point, i was told the little sisters would not work that tnmt again even though they tried to smooth things over by giving them some of the t-shirts they couldn't sell at the end. Also, I saw several instances were tnmt staff were really rude to some of these gals. Remember, these are just students trying to help out and do the best they can.

Sad to hear that, it really is. It takes a lot of work to put a tournament of that size together and run it smoothly. The unfortunate thing about the McCallie "situation" is that not everyone down there has as much class as Gordon Connell. Sometimes other people surrounding that program perform a disservice to the coach and team with things they say and do. I've heard things said in bleachers and on the sidelines down there that I truly do not believe reflect the views of the head coach.

Hopefully things can be smoothed out and the little sisters

will be back. From my experience Steve and coach Connell have the utmost respect for each other, so I think that is likely.