Nera White Tournament (Macon Co.)

Blitz1

Guest h0sepipe

Well, Smith Co. just slammed the foot down on Macon. they played very well, though. The officials weren't very good for either side, missing many calls. But after the smoke cleared, Smith Co. came out on top. The rebounds for Smith were very bad, we needed more rebounds to take control of the game. But great job owls. :)

Girls Consolation - Davidson Acad vs Portland 12-30-02 3:30pm

Boys Consolation - Westmoreland vs East 12-30-02 5:00pm

Girls Championship - Macon Co vs Smith Co 12-30-02 6:30 pm

Boys Championship - Portland vs Smith Co 12-30-02 8:00 pm

The girls consolation should be an easy win for Erin Frye and the Portland Pathers. The boys consolation

features the Eagles outside game versus the Indians inside game. Steven Bonner and the Eagles should

come out with the victory in this one if their defense plays up to Westmorelands standards.

The girls championship should be a great game. The owletts are playing some great ball as of late. Kendra

Baines has stepped up her senior role. If Macon Co doesn't come prepared for a dog fight, this game could

get out of hand in a hurry. The first match-up between the two saw Macon Co run away with it. This will be

a much better game with the tigers pulling it out in the fourth quarter.

The boys championship sees two D-1 prospects from Portland, 6'7'' Brewer and 6'7'' Ferguson, against the

outside / inside game from the owls. This looks to be a blow-out in the paper, but if Sleeper is playing up to

standards, this could be a game. My prediction is Smith Co in an upset.

Brewer was MVP for the boys.

Patricia Carver (Macon Co.) was the MVP for the girls.

Not sure on the all tourney...

this is what I can remember:

GIRLS-Westmoreland-Brittany Williams RBS-Cherine Dickens Smith Co.-Audrey Goolsby (there were 2 more from smith co. but i can't remember them) Macon Co.-Jocossa Scott, Carrie Oldham, Jody West, MVP Patricia Carver

BOYS-Macon Co.-Nathan Harris, Westmoreland-???? Bonner (cant remember his first name)

Smith County- Ryan Sleeper (2 more that I can't remember)

Portland-I dont remember the names except for Furgeson, but I know that #10 got all tourney...and Brewer got MVP and there's another one maybe two that I can't remember.

Sorry I couldnt remember them all. Maybe someone else can fill in the missing names.