Rossview Duals Results

dragonwrestler

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachlowe

I am not sure who asked about it, but I can explain the format of the Rossview Duals as I think it offers a lot in terms of mat time and helping teams get a lot out of a day of wrestling. We started with 16 teams, 2 pulled out the day before for whatever reasons. We had 4 pools of 4 teams. All were seeded by the criteria I explained before (state finish). All teams in common pools wrestled each other in a rond robin fashion. This gave us a first, second, third and fourth an each pool. The firsts (Cleveland, Clarksville, Hartselle, and MBA) were put into a semi final. The seconds(Overton, Gibson Southern, Kenwood, and Colliersville) were put into a semifinal. The thirds (Caldwell Co, Christian Co, Centennial, and Cumberland Co) were put into a semi final, and the fourths (Mont Central, Rossview, and 2 forfeits) were put into a semifinal. The winners and losers of each semifinal wrestled for 1st, 5th, 9th, and 13th. We ran the tournament on 6 mats to keep it going smoothly and moving along. I think except for a few snags the tourny went well.

Thanks to all those involved. I would ask that we put the 2 pounds thing to rest, thanks

Scott Lowe

Rossview Hawks Wrestling

Coach Lowe is right the 2 lb thing should be put to rest. What should not be put to rest until there is an apology is the way that "COACH" Masters decided to berate Artie Manning. The word "COACH" is a title that can be bestowed upon one who works with young athletes and sets a good example for those young athletes to go by regardless of being paid or not. It is also a term that can be applied to a person who is paid to be around young athletes whether or not that "COACH" is capable of leading these athletes in all phases of athletics including good sportsmanship. Which of these titles is KKW? :)

Coach Lowe ,John Gannon and Rossview Booster Club are to be congratulated on the handling of the tournament held at their facilities recently. It was wonderful the way the matches progressed and even if you were not happy with the way your individual teams placed you had to be happy about the way things moved and got you back on the road. To make things better in the future I think avoiding controversy is important, but difficult, clearly stating what the TSSAA rules are as regards weight allowances and rumored weigh-in variances would make all feel better. Even though it was given to you by Kenwood it now has the Rossview stamp on it and your reputation is at stake when things don't go well.Your reputation is safe this year, handling all aspects of this tourney next year yourselves will keep people from being able to spoil it for you in person or via Internet Gossip methods by speaking of what they imagined happened as if it occurred in a factual manner. :)

Guest 1moretime

If Masters said what he feels about Artie then that is his business. It is obvious that Artie has his supporters but it is possible that there are others who may have a problem with him. Master's isn't an elected offical and he is entitled to his own opinion. I think that Masters should only apologize if he didn't mean what he said.

I realize that Masters is entitled to his opinion. But if I knew someone as well as Masters knows Artie then I would have the courage to tell him to his face that he was wrong about the weight issue. I also would not take this as an opportunity to publicly slam a person who had an opinion about the weight issue (as Artie did, and isn't he entitled to an opinion too? Which he may or may not have expressed anyway? Is it possible some one put words in Artie Mannings mouth that did not come from there?)My point is this, Masters is a grown man and should have handled his opinion in private with Manning. Instead, he chose to use name calling and ridicule to voice his opinion, that as it turns out is not the official opinion of TSSAA. I also agree that you are entitled to your opinion about Masters, I personally think that he has done a lot to publicize wrestling in Montgomery County but he should do somethings in private as a lot of people listen to what he says. Whether it is right or wrong.

I can't wait to see how this story continues to unfold, because I don't think this one is going to die quietly on the vine until Masters PUBICALLY apologizes to Artie Manning. I personally hope that he does for the sake of the sport and his continued growth . :(

SuperZ why do you care if Master's apologizes to Artie? What if Master's wants to challenge Artie to a grudge match? What if he can't stand Artie? My point is both of these guys are adults and if Artie wants an apology I'm sure he is capable of asking for one. I'm also sure that if Master's meant what he said there will be no apology. So do you feel that by keep this discussion going on this web site that it will pressure Masters into doing something you want him to? I don't think so.

You make my point for me Moby. Because people like you will fall in on every point that is written within minutes of it being posted. I personally don't care if he apologizes to Artie Manning or not, but for the good of the sport in this area we need to figure out how to be civil to each other.

I know that Artie is capable of fending for himself, but I like to think that when something is wrong that it is ok to stand up for them. Masters was wrong about more than going public with this issue.

[Edited by SuperZ on 1-3-03 6:40P]