1st-2nd: Cleveland over MBA 40-24

3rd- 4th: CLarks. over Hartselle 51-24

2nd in Pool

Overton over Gibson Southern (IND) 40-33

Colliersville over Kenwood 39-30

5th- 6th: Colliersville over Overton 37-25

7th- 8th: Kenwood over Gibson Southern 57-20

3rd in Pool

Christian Co (KY) over Centennial 1-0 (forfeit)

Cumberland County over Caldwell Co. (KY) (no score)

9th-10th: Cumberland County over Christian County 39-30

11th- 12th: Caldwell over Centennial 1-0 (forfeit)

4th in Pool

13th- 14th: Rossview High over Montgomery Central 55-15

I appreciate all of the teams who participated and look forward to a great tournament next year with an even more coimpetitve field. I personally seeded the tournament and am disappointed that anyone feels it was done unfairly. I don not disagree the the two best teams met in the semi finals. But that is wrestling and I am sure all agree that the day gave a lot of young men a chance to compete with some of the best in this area.

Scott Lowe

Head Coach Rossview Hawks Wrestling

A special thanks to Johnny Masters for the opportunity to have this tournament it does a great deal to help our kids.

I have a question. Was the seeding based on how teams did in individual state? If so, what is the reasoning behind it? I'm not saying that it wasn't valid, but that seeding a team based on the team's individual performance is much less reliable than on their dual performance when you are seeding for a dual tournament.

The fact is that Clarksville is a better dual team than tournament team, and the seeding worked against them in this case. Maybe in the future it would be better to seed according to dual performance rather than individual performance. Just a thought from an outside observer.

TNMAT, Thanks for the suggestion. The reasoning was this...We had multiple states involved and some of the teams involved did not make it to the state duals, including Cleveland, Kenwood, and Gibson Southern. Therefore, we tried to find a criteria that fit for all teams, i.e. the individual tourney. If we used the state duals, Cleveland, the eventual champion, would not have even been seeded. When the tourney began Monday morning, all coaches involved were asked to put, in writing, any suggestions for the future. If all of the teams return, perhaps we could seed on how they finished this year. I appreciate your enthusiasm for wrestling and the things that you are doing to promote it. I hope you one day become a coach. I believe that you would do a great job.

KKW & coachlowe,

First, thanks for doing what you do for the sport. I'm not in TN (as my username implies), so I don't understand what all of the complaints are about with this tournament. I know some of the teams in TN but not all of the teams, so I don't see any favoritism of any kind. You explained the criteria for seeding --- was good enough for me. Unfortunately, we still haven't bent the ear (or twisted the arm, rather) of the 'high-ups' here in AL to get them to agree to even have a Dual Championship. You guys are ahead of us on that one already. Maybe someday....

:o

What my question involves is not the seeding but the format. Can either of you help me understand how this tournament was run? I think I got it, but I just want to be clear. I had read somewhere that there would be approximately 16-18 teams in it. Then, I read later that results had Hartselle (AL) in 4th. Was that pool? or Final? or Both? I wasn't sure of the # of teams in it or the # of pools. Also, is there anywhere that I could see how our guys from Hartselle did? I know they've been struggling with mid-season illnesses/injuries...but hey, isn't everyone to some degree right now?

Any help is appreciated! And I hate it that Grissom pulled out. I was anxious to see how they'd do up there.

Hey KKW, that makes sense. I was just curious. Thanks for responding with such a clear explanation. I'm not sure I could make any other valid suggestions as to how you would go about the seeding. Keep up the good work.

BamaGrappler: As I recall, there were about 15 or so teams in the tourney. Hartselle was first seed in their pool, which they did win. They proceeded to the next round which was a semifinal b/w them, MBA, Cleveland, and Clarksville. They lost both matches and therefore came in fourth.

Thanks for your interest,

TNMAT

CHS got there way because they follow the rules set down by TSSAA. CHS is very lucky to have a man like Arty(God, as you stated). He is a man with High expectations in life and treats all fair and alike. He is a gentleman, and a partner that does not get enough praise for what he does. He follows the rules, and don't try to bend them to his favor at any time. He reads and knows the poundage allowed and is a outstanding individual. Good Job Artie!! Keep up the good work. Its time to quit feeling sorry for one self and go on with the wrestling. :o