best baseball school in columbia?

buddy

Posted by lchsgocatsgo:

Columbia doesn't play Mt. Pleasant because it would be an absolute waste of their time. Mt. Pleasant wouldn't even be a good preseason scrimmage game for Central. Pickle knows this and only schedules opponents who are worth playing. Do you HONESTLY believe that Mt. Pleasant could beat Central???? You've got to be kidding me. I for one would love to see this game just to shut you Mt. Pleasant folks up. My prediction in the game if it were to happen:

Central 17

Mt. Pleasant 1

lchsgocatsgo, Central doesn't play Mt. Pleasant because

it would be an absolute disgrace to get beat by a small

class A school. No they won't even schedule a pre-season

scrimmage for the same reason. Pickle is a smart man, I

mean think about it? Yes I do believe MPHS could and yes

would beat Central NO KIDDING. Face it the Lions don't

want to be caught in THE EYE OF THE TIGER!!! ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, lchsgocatsgo is not a kid. He is someone who has played against the best of the best, and that does not include you MT.P. He plays for MTSU where he pitches so he must know what he is talking about. He has seen Columbia play, b/c as anyone could see by the name he played for lawrence county and was in our district, so no, he's not just some kid. but you must be to sit there and honestly think you could stand a chance vs columbia. Thanks lchsgocatsgo for all your support to Columbia. Good luck this year to you

Guest roundtripper

The players from MP that played for coach pickle made the best decisions of their lives.they both are playing baseball in college.( Austin Peay and Motlow)Where would they be if they stayed at MP? They would probally be at home sitting on their buts like the rest of the former players from MP. For these two guys to stay at MP would be like stealing candy from a baby. There is no competion at that level. That level is for the kids. Don't worry guys, they wasn't recriuted; they were just smart. These guys may not be anything without pickle. If you want to play with the best, you must play with the best.

and when was the last time u played Central..?? i know it wasn't this year, or last, nor my freshmen year. That means when Josh oliver pitched against you he was a freshmen. And how can you say you were rippin him..when you scored one run..buddy in your league that might be rippin, but not with us. Try your luck with us now, we have one of the best pitching staffs we've ever seen not to mention our power house hitter grant nickle and all the other strong bats in our line up such as bratton poling oliver and english. As you have seen, everyone agrees other than you and Mt.P players that Central would win the game. But good luck to you in your year in 1A, just stick to 1A though, competition is much steeper at the higher level

First of all Central gets 2 pick from alot more kids than Mt. Pleasant. I mean come on that is why they have classifications in high school baseball fellas. I don't know what you guys are drinking when you post this crap but it must be pretty good can I have some. Mt. Pleasant is not going to win their district CA will , but Mt Pleasant will finish second and go 2 the region maybe even state. As for Culleoka they will not get out of their district, this is not basketball guys. So Central first, CA second, Mt Pleasant third, Culleoka and Zion last. See you guys later and don't drink while posting.

Guest TheLastActionHero

This is a bit of a stupid question. There are only 2 baseball schools to my knowledge in Columbia,Central and CA, and everybody knows Central is the better of the two so Central is the best baseball school in Columbia.

I think that everyone is completely freaking nuts if you think that columbia isn't the best team in the area. Why haven't they won the state... there are a couple of teams that are called oakland and riverdale that have put them out of the regional finals 3 times in the last four years. WHO do ca and mp play for those tournaments.. Might as well be no one because they do not have people to go to div 1 colleges or get drafted. SO enough of that.

AS far a pickle goes. I played for him for 4 years and let me tell you that scared is the last thing that he is. He has more passion for the game that anyone that i know or have ever seen coach baseball. The whole recruiting players thing.. THat is crap too. I played with both of the guys you are talking about and they came to columbia to have a chance and get looked at. They played summer ball with us and liked the atmosphere and pickle so they came to where they thought they would have a chance in baseball in the future. SO before anyone else goes off calling people idiots.... take a look at yourself in the mirror first! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you why Pickle doesn't scrimmage Mt. Pleasant in a scrimmage game or a real game either one. Why would you play a team like Mt. Pleasant that would be nothing more than glorified batting practice when you can go out and be challenged by perennial state powers such as Oakland who sends players to division 1 colleges every year and has people get drafted regularly, Lavergne who has a great program that won state last year, Marshall County with their great tradition in AA and their state titles, and other AAA schools from around the state. Pickle wants his team to compete against the best, because to be the best, you have to beat the best. You aren't prepared for district 8AAA, arguably the toughest district in the state, when you play teams like Mt. Pleasant in the preseason. Simple as that.

Word to the wise, Mt. Pleasant should quit worrying about Central because they haven't even proven that they can beat CA on a consistent basis.

Lethal, I appreciate you taking up for me. Good luck to you this year and the rest of Columbia, except when they play Lawrence County.

Lets all sit here and think about this match-up, Mt.Pleasant vs. Columbia. For anybody who thinks that wood be a game needs to go to the doctor right now. Columbia doesnt want to waist there time playing a 1A school that aint ranked in the top 10 in the state never the least top 2 or 3 in there district. And yall are talking about Coach Pickle being scare, the only thing he will be scare to do is look at how dumb yall look after they put that mud hole in those MP boys. They would look like this- :o:D

[Edited by untame on 3-7-03 7:24P]

First off, I think it would be great if Columbia Central played C.A. on a yearly basis. You can't say that Central players are much better. They play both with each other and against each other every summer and have played with each other all their lives in Little League, Bath Ruth, Post 19, ect. Mt. Pleasant has a good ball club this year too. I think if Central played CA this year it would be about a 5-4 game. Kempfer and Love are both quality pitchers. There is no way that Central would win "17-1." You have to look at this though - what would Columbia Central benefit from this? If they won everyone would say, "Oh, they are an AAA school, they are supposed to win." If they lost it would be, "Central is overrated, they lost to a little ol' Single A school." But CA has one of the best programs around so I personally think they should play. Can you imagine the gate this game would bring in? Every baseball fan in Columbia would be there. They should play once a year, with alternating home field advantage each year. Both schools have great programs...