Guest westtenwrestlin

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest westtenwrestlin

I think luke bornermen from houston high school is a really good wrestler her got third at father ryan and won the bradley tournament.

Ryan Scott is still probably the best 145 right now in TN.

[Edited by westtenwrestlin on 1-12-03 4:58P]

Guest CBHStrnr

i know he was @ 145 @ the coke, but i have not been around during winter, so i did not know he moved from 152, marable is now 145 cert

[Edited by CBHStrnr on 1-15-03 9:02P]

Guest reversal119

Cookeville has a pretty good 145 he was in brentwood and got put in the consolations by a kid that he pinned at clarksville slamfest in only 48 seconds so maybe he had a bad day. But he is pretty good.

Guest wrestlingrocks

yeah, cookeville's 145 is good, as long as he doesn't get too upset if he loses a match. he has a great record and has beat some pretty tough guys. like their coach says, if you're already guaranteed a medal, you've got nothing to lose, so give all you've got! if he does that he can beat anyone.

Cookeville's 45 was pretty good. I've seen some decent 45's this season, but I believe the best is the Griffin kid from Wilson Co. I saw him easily beat the kid from Cookeville and some kid from Frt. Campbell. I also understand that there has been more than one occasion that Griffin and Ball were supposed to be at couple of meets together and that one or the other has been a no-show. Who's dodging who?

Guest coachlowe

Just want to clear up some stats. The 145 from Rossview is David Johnson, (sophomore, 29-5). Great kid on and off the mat. He was pinned by Hill from Cookville at the Clarksville Slamfest. Hill pinned him with 15seconds left in the match and Hill was up 9-0. That is a sturdy whoopin'. Johnson had a great match against Hill. It was a good match all around. I will not say Johnson is the best in the State. I will say he is a super kid to coach and one to keep an eye on. This is only his second year on the mat.

Coach Lowe

Rossview Hawks Wrestling

Guest goodsport

coachlowe - compliments to Johnson. I saw him earlier in the year and it was obvious he was a strong kid, but he seemed to move around the mat without purpose. Not putting him down at all. He looked really aggressive but not always in control.

Then I saw him this weekend at Brentwood. What a change in a few weeks. Don't know what you did to him, but he looked like a different wrestler. Still aggressive but under control. Didn't make the same KIND OF MISTAKES that he made earlier.

You're right. He's got the potential to be on the board in 'nooga. He's definitely an up and comer.