pickett county middle school team?

auggie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladybobcat

This is one team that is going to go to the jr. high state championship and win it. They work really well as a team, there is no player that is any better than the other. Jacob Wright is a good player, but Brent Logan is just as good. Brent needs more confidence about himself. Jacob is just one of those all around good players, but I feel that Brent could be better than Jacob if he would just get more confidence. Brett Roddy is an awesome post player, he is unstoppable under the goal. Pickett has a really good bench to. I have seen this team play quiet a bit and they really work well together. Coach Buck will have this team more than ready for the championship games. Coach Buck's girls team last year took runner-up in the TNT state tournament, so watch out all you other jr. high teams, because pickett county is going to take home the gold.

Guest lolliepop

dunn12 Wright & Roddy are good ball players, but they don't make up the whole team. Even if pickett didn't have them they would still be kicking rear. You do have to give the other players credit like Logan, Clark, Gibson, and all the other players that have made this team so successful. Logan is an awesome little player but he needs to shoot more when he has open shots. Clark has the potential to be really good if he would act serious out on the court and quit goofing off. The little Gibson kid is also a pretty good ball player. Don't get me wrong Wright and Roddy are tremendously good, but Logan is tremendously good too. The kid has some really good moves once he gets out of that timid stage. He could probably be the leader of the team next year if he would step up and take some shots. I mean he is only what a 7th grader, I think. The Wright kid has older brothers that play ball, so that really helps him to become a better player, but the Logan boy doesn't, so he has to make a name for himself and he really is doing a good job about it. Keep up the hard work Logan, and one of these days other people will notice how good of a ball player you really are.

Pickett won their first game in the James C. Haile tour by luck.Two of their players tried to do it all by their selfs. The refs were really awful,if they go up against a team that knows how to play team ball they will get beat.Roddy and Wright try to do all the offence by their self and do not play defence very good at all.The other 3 players might as well sit on the bench ,cause they will not pass the ball to them unless they absolutely have.If the coach don't start making them play team ball they will never go anywhere.

The Pickett County boys can play some good basketball.Most of the games I have been to, they have played 8 or 9 players deep in the bench.They have an great team.But people say alot of untruthful things about them.

Jacob Wright can play ball.He is good.He can dribble, shoot, and for his size, jump.Most people say he is cocky,but it isn't entirerly true.He is a little arrogant, but not as bad as people say.He has confidence in the way he can play ball, and if he messes the game up,he will be the first to say he did.

Brett Roddy is the best post player they have.He may be tall, but he is good at his position.He can score and rebound just as good as anybody else on the team.Somtimes he slacks off a bit, and don't try.A couple games he has not tried to rebound, and half way rebounded.But he cannot cause the game alone.You play, win, and lose as a team.Basketball is a team sport.Not just one person scores all the points, and makes all the misstates.

Brent Logan, probably the only person that can dribble and shoot like the Wright kid, maybe even better. He is a little timid I think, but has the potential to do alot better than he is.I have seen him play teams that had to double team him to keep him under control.I don't know if he gets nerves about playing or what, but he needs to step up.He can help this team get far if he tries.

James Gibson is a good player, but everyone wants to expect him to be the star.Every one thinks he will be like his brother.His brother is good, but he has had more alot experiance.James can play, but he likes them three's too much.

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!

They played Sparta last night.They got beat, the score was 54-43. That really wasn't that bad considering that Sparta is a 5a and were what , a double A. You take a team that has played together since sixth grade and plays aau together in off season they should be better than most schools.

obviously some of you have not been paying attention. Roddy and Wright do not make up the whole team but they are crucial to the team. Game in and game out Brett Roddy has been the consistent player. Without him this team would be in a world of hurts-it is sad the team don't appreciate him more. Most teams would LOVE to have a post player with his talent.

Roddy and Wright understand their roles on this team--to score. And they haved proved they can score. Wright hardly ever misses a foul shot which has meant the game in some situations

Everybody keeps talking about Logan stepping up-get over it. He has NOT stepped up for whatever reason he just hasn't and I don't look for him to either. I guess I don't blame him-look at Roddy and Wright-they have stepped up and people are criticizing them!!! go figure

:confused:

this team is capable of going a long way, they just need to decide if they want to play together or continue pulling each other down.