Who would you say are the top 5 teams in 13AA?

helapaxt

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, outside of the top three, the others are nothing great. I agree that DC should be the 4th to make it to the reional tournament. The order of the top three is still a toss up right now. More of it will begin to be sorted out after OC plays GC on Tuesday night. I think it isvery possible that there is a 3-way tie at the top with OC, GC, and Martin all splitting with each other, with the home teams winning. I am looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the big game Tuesday night in Dyer as the time grows near.

GO REBELS!

I see a situation developing in the post-season that is unfortunate but springs up from time to time. Whenever you have three outstanding teams in an area that comes together with a weaker area teams sometime get "rewarded" for finishing 2nd rather than 1st. Twill be the case with the Region 7AA tourney at Gibson County. Two of three 13AA powerhouses(#1 from Dist. Tourn.) will be in the same side of the bracket while 13's #2 will be in with 14's winner (Brighton maybe). Taking nothing away from the Lady Cards they're having their best season ever but I don't think anyone in 14AA can compete with the Big Three. SO the #2 has an easier route to Region finals & a Sub-State berth while #1 & #3 play an elimination game. Sooooooo, there is no advantage to winning the district tournament!!!!!!

A similar situation was the undoing of South Fulton during their run a few years ago. With Bradford & Gleason in the same region SF won the region but found themselves in the same bracket with Gleason during those awful "sectional" years and never made it to the 'boro. Bradford finishes 2nd in the region & cruises to the sectional final & a state berth. It ain't always how many you win but When in Tennessee post-season.

13AA Are the teams really that strong? How many state titles have they won lately? Why do you think that they are better than Jackson County who has won 3 state titles in a row. There is a good argument that the teams of 13AA, their only tough games of the year are when the Big 3 play amongst themselves. You'll see when Boro time comes, the

soft schedules will come into play. Look for 13AA to drop out as usual in Boro.

Ummmm...the gold balls you are talking about are for PAST seasons. Not for this season. You do not judge this years basketball team by the play of the last 10 years. Yes the teams are this strong. I could care less about the past when we are discussing this year. I am not saying the Jax Co. is better or worse than GC, OC or Martin, we don't know. OC played a fairly difficult non-coference schedule, as did the others, and the big 3 make of half of the district, so I would not say that the schedule is that "soft." Let's see what happens this year. Jax may have won three gold balls, but they haven't won the one THIS year, which is the most important. And give credit where credit is due. Coach Hoffman has 2 losses at this point with his FIRST year with the team. Let's wait and see what happens this year. The past is pretty predictable...I know what happened then.

[Edited by OCRebel on 1-19-03 7:33P]

At what point in time are you going to make a positive contribution to any discussion on here? Everywhere you do post, you have something negative to say. ALL OF YOU POSTS deal with how bad or weak a teams is.

Don't start this crap again about weak schedules. 13AA is extremely competitive, as well as 7AA. I have already done my homework on that subject. Go take a look at margin of victory and who they play, then come back a post that again. Since you seem to know so much, answer this question:

Why is it that when a Middle Tennessee team comes over to the west, they tend to get beat? Yet when the west goes to middle, the middle Tennessee teams win? Could it be that they are evenly matched? Or is there more to it?

Try to give a somewhat thoughtful reply. I know it will be tough for you, but you can get through it. :x