Northeast is dead!!!

ClksvilleHater

Northeast lost to Henry County last night in 2 OT. Carter and Reed played well but like lately it wasn't enough. The run is over, the gig is up, move over boys!!! Clarksville high is the new sheriff in town with Northwest right behind. Kenwood forget about them too. The only way you can lose with the two best players in the city is bad coaching. I think we must ask how good is Carter and Reed really!!! Also Sampson and Harris. Well Clarksville is the team to beat.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that Clarksville and Northwest are the two best teams at this point with Clarksville playing the best. No one talked about Clarksville in the preseason they were sorta of UNDERRATED, so they came out playing like they have something to prove. All everybody talked about was Northeast and Kenwood with the "best duos". I do disagree that Kenwood and Northeast are dead. Its still so early in the district season but trust me those two teams will be there in the end. My pick as of now will be Henry Co and Clarksville high in the District Championship game.

Northeast made a respectable come-back they were down by a lot. They showed they have the ability to never quit.

I been telling people all along Northwest & Clarksville have some very good athelets,

Watch Rossview when they play home games. They play very well at home. I like what I saw in Rossview playing Northwest last night. Northwest would go up by 10 Rossview strap their way back into the game. I like that. Northwest were dunking hitting 3's but Rossview just nevered stopped. BIG_UP's too Roosview!!!!

Northeast is still a good team, their coaching is outstanding, so they should be alright.....

Northwest & Henry County Play Friday.. that should make for a BIG Game.... What I saw from Kevin Townley yesterday was outstanding play. 23 points 7 assist, he's begining to become the leader for Northwest. If Henry County have a answer for his quickest & ability to shoot the outside jumper. It will be a long night for Henry, but if Northwest can't handle Teague & Sturdivant, it could be over soon....But I believe that Sturdivant & Teague will have their hands full with Partee, Newell & Haynes..

This should be a very interesting GAME & Show-Down, Henry County Knows not the same ol Northwest, they read the PAPER!!

DON'T count OUT NORTH-EAST!!!!!!

not to make excuses or anything in advance...but Henry County really has a brutal week. They played Northeast on Tuesday. Thursday they travel to Waverly and play a very good Waverly team...then they turn around the next night and play a very good Clarksville team. I am not sure they can come out firing on all cylinders every night.

Can anyone tell me about the game last night other than it went to 2 OT's? I have been tied up with school until about 1 hour ago. I didn't even get to buy a local paper today to check the boxscore.

Yea, I still think that Northeast and Kenwood have two of the districts best but in my opnion I think that Henry Co has the best in Sturdivent and Teague. I said that from day one. This year they have more weapons than in the past years so its not just them scoring the points but night in and night out those two come ready to play every game. Not to take away from the other guys because they're awesome as well. Overall I think 10-AAA has some of the states best players, alot of them are undrrated and dont get the PUB they really deserve. But this district works really hard and every year they have a team in the substate battling to go to state.

Thanks TNBALL you are so right, these players in this district get know PUB or respect from outsiders. I'm so glad U wrote that. Thats why I try to give so much PUB to the PLayers in this Disrict!!!!!!! The GOOD with the BAD!

HENRY COUNTY & NORTHWEST TONIGHT the winner will be on Clarksville heals. BEST DUO in my Opinion is still Thomas Haynes & Kevin Townley they prove it every-night on the Court!!!

Kenwood & Northeast still have a great DUO's....HARRIS & SAMPSON, REED & CARTER.....

Well, it was a close game, for most of it but north made some mistakes in the third quarter, but was down by 12, the officials, didnt help either, make bad call after bad call, but north would not quit, losing by 12 outscored them 22-11 in the fourth, but it wasn't enough, henry was 11-12 at the foul line in the fourth while north was 5-10, could have been the difference. Haynes had 18 in a monster dunk, Townley had 8 but was handchecked the whole night, bad officiating, Newell with 14, and Partee with 10, Sturdivant and Teague combined for 27, pretty good ball game.

I have a question referring to the statements made in the last post about "bad officating". This is to Crossup and all the other supporters of Northwest that post messages on here. How come when Northwest loses, it was either a bad officiated game, Northwest didnt shoot thier free throws well, or something to that effect? Do you realize that if you're a good team its not gonna matter what happens, you'll find ways to win? I bet if I asked coach Hubie Smith (Bartlett high) or Coach Terry Tippett (White Station), how many games have they played in that were very poorly officiated. They prolly couldnt tell me all of them but If I asked them if they still won I betcha they have won more games that were called bad or they didnt shoot well as a team than they've lost.

My point in this was, good teams find a way to win and they dont make excuses for losing. Who cares if Townley was hand checked the whole game, sometimes its called and sometimes its not. Tippett probably knows several times his former star Ernest Shelton( Uni of Alabama) was hand checked. Its just part of the game so take the "L" and deal with it. Its not like Northwest is invincible. They can be beaten.

You know what I dont really care about you coaches and what you can ask them because frankily that doesnt mean anything to me now your right NorthWest can be beaten but let it happen playin straight basketball not by officiating which has determined and L or a W for them most of the time and even when there is bad officiating NorthWest has com back numerous times and won the ball game but you wouldnt know that because you dont come to the games so shut your mouth until you atten a gam and actually see what NorthWest has to go through time and time again