Officiating at Clarkrange...again

uppercumberlandbb

Red Boiling Springs is undefeated in the district after their 68-61 win against Clarkrange. I agree, officiating wasn't that great at all. We only had 7 fouls called on us when we should've had about 12-15 called on us. Nevertheless, we played a good ball game, all except for some idiotic mistakes which can't go overlooked. The main factor for us was stopping Green in the first half, if he had of scored 19 in the first, we would've gotten beat. Clarkrange was sloppy but they managed to come back and make it close at times. RBS has a game tonight vs. Hermitage Springs, this should make them 6-0 in the district afterwards.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eaglemgr

Is it everytime you lose is it because of the officiating. It seems like that. When your girls lost in the Jaycees tournment it was because of the officiating and now your boys loses to Red Boiling Springs and it is because of the officiating. It may be because of the officiating but could it also be you guys are not playing good ball that night.

i know this thread is to bring up officiating in clarkrange but the officiating in clarksville is just as horrifying. It is awful. I play for a team in clarksville and i know that in a game we lost last week we were up big in the 1st half only to lose the game in the 4th quarter because the fouls alone in the 4th quarter were 17 on us and 2 on the opposing team. I think the tssaa should put more refs through more experience and look at the quality of officiating overall because to this point in the seaons it is god awful!!!

Guest clarkrange23

Hey Zeus! How about you come and watch and Clarkrange game and you can quit complaining about the calls that you all get. I have seen several York games that have been called bad, and I have seen the Clarkrange games and Clarkrange definetly gets worse calls than York.

eaglemgr...if you go back to the first post, you will clearly see that I said that it was not the officiating which cost Clarkrange the game. It was their play. That does not take away the fact that the officiating was terrible and was for two games in a row. I also watched the Clarkrange/LA game and didn't feel that the officiating was anything like the previous two games. And, the officials there last night are always fair. The problem was not missing a call or two, or bad calls in the Celina or RBS games. Anytime someone questions officiating, someone comes on and dismisses it as complaining because of losing a game. RBS deserved that win. But both teams deserved fair officiating and didn't get it.

Do we really believe the officials care who wins? I can understand if we say officals is inconsistent or if an official needs more training or more experience...but to say they are partial to or for any team is ludicrous. It just doesen't happen !!! This thread has become quite ammusing !

Come on think about it everyone has a preference in a basketball game even refs have a team they want to win even if it is just a little bit everyone has a team they want to win when there are two teams playing and some us their power to help those teams and it is obvious to everyone. Its stupid to say they don't care who wins.