lewis county/marshall

Guest lewisfan129

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i see that u are just like your name on here being bill walton,always sayin something like you know everything and it makes no sense.was u in the game?i am sure that a fan said something first cause stephon always reacts and rarely makes the first act.the foul, come on-its basketball.when i had to foul i know i always made it count.i wish there was five of him on the court, they would be unstoppable, he plays with more heart and the will to win than anybody i know.hes smart and he is going to a good college and i think he represents marshall county great-bill :)

How could you possibly condone #24 for his actions. You said he just reacts...and he's a good kid. Do you honestly believe yelling F#%* you at the fans as a "reaction" makes it ok. Surely not, or you have as little class as him. And apsugov7, just because he's going to Vandy makes him a good kid. Ted Bundy went to Harvard..was he a good person. No one should act like the player from Marshall Co., it is a disgrace to the game and his school.

"Stephon reacts and "rarely" makes the first act"--And what a reaction he had when fans who payed there hard earned money to watch the home team cheered, what an example he set for the young children in the crowd when he yelled F*#% You! I sure would have hate to seen the rare "first act" if that was just a reaction.

"I wish there were five of him on the court,we would be unstoppable"--How could this possibly be when last night he wasn't even unstoppable himself, failing to hit the game winning shot. I also wish you would of had five of him last night(minus the F word), that would of gave us 16 more free throws(tech,and flagrant for each additional #24).

"He plays with more heart and he is smart"--he plays with no heart or pride, how could his actions last night be deemed smart.

"He represents Marshall Co. well"--if you want to be reprsented by someone who acts the way he did last night then everyone in the state will think Marshall Co. is the land of losers.Congrats!

First off, apsugov7, you need to email coachT and let him know about #24 supposedly signing with Vandy because it's not on the prep signee page. I know he has verbally committed to them, but has he actually signed as you stated? I guess it's a good thing he may play football for them, at least that way he has a mouthpiece in and can't tell opposing SEC crowds 'f-you' as he did to the Lewis County fans last night.

Also COGS you should be ashamed to ridicule and degrade a legendary Hall of Famer like Bill Walton, whose broadcasting skills are very entertaining though he may not always be correct. The individual using his name on here makes several good points and seems to know what he's talking about most of the time and I enjoy reading his posts.

As I have said all along the Panthers are the second best team in the district and now there should be no doubt about it. They have as many overall AND district wins as Loretto, Fairview, and Marshall County combined. They also have the only overall winning OR district record in District 9 AA. I really hope they get the respect they deserve when it comes time to handing out the trophy's and plaques for All-District awards. We have three solid All-District players in Curfmann, Lavette, and Sparkman and another hopeful in Mendez. Also if they continue winning then there is no other canidate better than Johnson for Coach of the Year.

Not to get carried away or look to far ahead, but our chances for advancing past the regionals this year looks as good as it has in years. Sycamore (who already beat us handily once) and Waverly Central (who was defeated by Perry Co. at WC by 14 points but defeated Sycamore) are the only outstanding teams in their respective districts. Could this be the year the Panthers finally make it out of the Region tourney? If they keep their heads level and don't get over-confident they most certainly should.

First of all you are a hater don't hate on #24 becuase he is going SECAND NO BODY FROM LEWIS COUNTY IS GOING ANYWHERE!!! also # 24 did not make any remarks to the crowd, he just doesn't like to lose by the way (36-12 over 4years in football and 2 state runs in basketball) this kid is winner and is highly intelligent and will be a successful young man!!!!!

p.s. Bill Walton is the biggest moran broadcasting HE WOULD NOT EVEN MAKE A nba ROSTER IN THE NEW NBA, PLUS (FACTS SUPPORTING HE IS MORAN) HE THINKS YAO IS BETTER THAN SHAQ!!!!!

ok, you can stop thinking what you want to think because i heard it myself. He said it. Plain and clear. And about the no calls, that went on all night for both sides. I know they were horrible. Sparkman was fouled by #11 at the end of the 2nd and they didn't call it and Johnson but up a 3 to put them up by 2. And at the end of the game, there was no foul. That's plain and simple. And I know that Johnson is an outstanding athlete. He's probably a good kid. I wouldn't doubt it. It was just his emotions that came out because of the frustration. It happens. But as for the calls, it went both ways last night even if they were all horrible.

I don't know if he said anything or not at the end

as emotions were pretty high. But for anyone who

thinks there wasn't a foul on the last shot by

Johnson wasn't watching or certainly was hoping it

wasn't one. I was looking straight at the play from my

vantage point & no doubt Sparkman got him on the arm.

And the intentional foul was on #33 Pigg.Tough call at that

part of the game.

There were several bad (& no-calls) on both teams. And the

play right before halftime was a foul on Lewisburg that

went uncalled so maybe things have a way of evening up.

Both teams did not play very well & will have to be

much better if they're going to wind up second in the

district.

What a wide gap it is between Giles County & the rest of

us.

"land of the losers", if going to the state tourney 3 out of the last four years is like this then i dont mind that at all!how bout yall just get to know him a little better and then see if he is what yall put him out to be.i bet he was the smartest[classroom]player on the court to go along with the best player.bill walton could not hang with the comp. there is now, and i dont think howenwald has a chance of making it out of the region.right now i think either one of these two have a chance of makin it out!

[Edited by COGS on 1-31-03 8:30P]