;)

that reminds me, it seems that i heard the firebirds played

in a SEAA or something like that world series in franklin

last summer (lol) ;)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played with the firebirds in that tournament.....it was a warm up tourney for our trip to West Palm for the Nationals.....

I do not need a summer team, I've got one, but thanks anyway. 2 of my best friends played for separate sting teams and neither one of the enjoyed it much.

And by the way, it wasn't in the last 2 years that We beat Beech. I'm a senior, you know. It was my freshmen year.

[Edited by 2Shooter4 on 1-30-03 9:56P]

You beat Beech one time in your entire high school career; not exactly something to run around braggin' about. And you said 2 of your friends didn't enjoy playin' for the sting, well times that number by 15 and it will equal the number of kids that did not enjoy playin' for the firebirds.

no need to get testy, 2shooter4; all I was asking was

what summer team you are on, I did not ask for you to

play on the sting, or any other team. now, can you answer

if you are playing on the firebirds, wild things, or

whoever, or is it a big secret? the world is anxious to

know (lol) :D

U see cornpup u probably didnt play for the firebirds (u havent got what it takes and if anyone says they didnt like playing for the firebirds probably couldnt cut it either. Now i will say this there coaching staff is hard and they make u work to be on that team u just dont walk up and say i wanna be a firebird (the talents show that for the record) u have to work and earn a position on that team and next weekend the firebirds are going to a invitation only tourney in FL with 18 college teams and where will u be right here sitting at home saying i wish i was a firebird and for the record the tourney in franklin was a practice tourney we played 18u teams and we were still 16u now can u say that.. The firebirds always play up thats what makes us so good .....U see if u cant hang with the big dogs stay on the porch.

umm Cornpup, I'm not trying to be rude....and I don't know where you are from, but obviously you don't know me. I don't walk around bragging about things. Especially not beating a team one time. In the 4 years that I have played, I think any team in this district would consider beating Beech an accomplishment in their own right. It doesn't happen too often. I am not on the firebirds, and have not been on the firebirds. I'm not saying that every girl should hate Sting and love the Firebirds, although thats what you have turned it around to be. People are different, therefore they like different qualitites in a coaching staff, teammates, and style of playing. If everyone liked one style of playing, there would only be one softball team in the world and there would be no one to play. Soooo Lonely. :D

cornpup, that's pretty good. i've got to agree with you.

as a matter of fact, i'll give you a good mark, you're

alright afterall.

also, there are players and parents on the firebirds right

now that are miserable with them. darnedess thing i ever

saw. most people either pity or laugh at what they have

to put up with. people certainly don't envy them or are not

jealous in the least.

anyway, that's the way it is when teams

and players boast and brag about themselves and put down

and bash other teams. they dish it out, and they have to

expect to get dissed in return. when teams and players

are really good and have good people with class, then other

teams recognize that and do the bragging and boasting for

them instead. just tellin' it like it is. :D

FPFanatic - I am disappointed in you. I have come to expect this kind of negative post from CORNPUP. Since his tirade on the Female Sports strand where he personally attacked you and me for daring to disagree with him, he has put down the Beech Play Day, 2Shooter4, the entire Firebirds team, and District 12-AAA. However, you have developed a reputation for fairness and being positive, and it shocks me to see you posting something like this about an entire team, especially when you don't back it up. I have had dealings with the Firebirds off and on for approximately 5 years, including extensive dealings over the past 5 months. If there are parents or players who are miserable, they certainly have strange ways of showing it. I can certainly understand that the Firebirds (like any other team) are not right for everybody. However, the chemistry on the current team is excellent and they all seem to be very excited about the prospects for the coming year. (I also can't recall seeing or hearing on this board or anywhere else that they were bashing or putting down other teams, as you stated.) I believe that this board exists to promote youth sports, but negative posts often have just the opposite effect. There is always room for disagreement without attacking whole teams (or districts, tournaments, or individuals.) I hope that you will continue to make thoughtful, positive posts as you have in the past, rather than turning to negative posts like this one.

fpjunkie, i appreciate your comments, but certainly

reserve my rights to agree or disagree with anyone at

anytime, depending on the circumstances. also, i respect

your opinion but everyone has their own perceptions of all

situations, and i have found that a "live and let live"

philosophy is usually the best way (as much as possible).

good luck to your daughter and your family, wish y'all the

best for the upcoming seasons with the firebirds and with

your high school team. looking forward to seeing and

enjoying your teams play. also, if you do not mind, what

school is your daughter leaning toward attending next year?

:rolleyes:

Fpjunkie, my my my, you just can't help yourself can you? Are you from North Korea by any chance? Your communist tendencies are starting to scare me. You can't stand for someone to give their honest opinion about anything, and low and behold if that opinion conflicts with your own personal interest. If that happens, watch out, fpjunkies comin' to get you, right. Listen, I feel your pain, it must be miserable to be like that. But there is hope, even for people like you. A little counseling can go a long way. I also suspect that your blood pressure is a little high, so you might want to get that checked out as well. Also, you said that I bashed the Beech Play Day, I simply said that it was cold and that I don't like playing or watching in the cold. It is cold isn't it? Half of what I said was just pokin' a little fun, but you don't like fun do you? And then you get on to fpfanatic for agreeing with something I said. You think that just because two people didn't agree on one thing, they can never agree on something ever again. What a wierd dude you are. It's funny that you jumped all over fpfanatic for sayin' something about the firebirds, but you said nothing about the negative comments that someone wrote about the Sting. But I have learned to expect stuff like that out of you. Again, if someone says something that conflicts with your best interest, even if it's true, you can't accept it. Get well soon!

2shooter4, that's cool, I have no problem with you or anyone else giving their opinions on things. In fact, I encourage you to give your opinions no matter if you think someone else is going to agree with you or not. I was only trying to make a point because fpjunkie likes to trash people who give opinions that conflict with fpjunkie's best interest. Fpjunkie thinks everyone should think exactly what fpjunkie thinks and believe exactly what fpjunkie believes. It's sad that fpjunkie is like that and I'm glad your not.