• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hate to disappoint you 2shhooter4, but beech again is the

team to beat, although lavergne and hendersonville will be

improved. after them, will be mt. juliet, wilson central,

white house, gallatin, and smyrna.

beech lost two starters but still has more players to replace them. lavergne will go as far as their pitcher

can carry them. hendersonville lost one starter and has

good replacements. mt. juliet lost a pitcher and a catcher but has good replacements. wilson central will be

stronger in their second year. white house lost a pitcher and a catcher and also has good replacements, gallatin lost

several players, and smyrna is still building. so, it still

looks like a repeat of the last few years. :(

Well let me see beech will be one of the teams to work hard against but not impossible, Lavergne has a stronger team this year with 2 pitchers and outfielders and a 3rd baseman going to georgia tech. watch out for there bats might get one off. As for Mt Juliet lost more than pithcer and catcher also 3rd base and centerfield pretty big loss there will have to work hard to compete. Hendersonville will have to see. Wilson Central stonger but not this yr Symrna alot work still there to be done White house will see. But my money is on Lavergne they will be the ones to watch out for if they are pumped and ready to play ball they will do alot of damage to district 9 this yr will be up to the girls if they want it or not. S0 if u want it go get it this is there year. :(

[Edited by softballfan0715 on 1-29-03 10:18P]

True, Beech will be difficult this year, but they arent imortal. This district will be up for grabs for sure. I think it will come down to Hendersonville and Beech playing for the championship. Both teams are returning high quality players. Beech returning pitcher Stanfill and catcher Warren. HHS returning pitchers Tucker and Johnson, the Bain sisters, and a few more starters. I do hope though that the Commandos get farther than the first round of the districts this year. I was very dissapointed to see them out in the first round. Good luck to all the teams in this district. I look forward to seeing the competetion and some high quality softball this year.

2shooter4, sorry that you are upset. maybe you are

taking what I wrote the wrong way. you are absolutely

correct it is all about the team. at the same time,

you have played long enough to know that it all starts

and stops with the pitcher in this game, and i pointed

out your pitcher because we all have tremendous respect

for her (after all, she has been instrumental the last

two years in putting out my team in the district (lol)

actually, being a fan of the game, i appreciate all

the teams and players of this game, and wish you the

best of luck this season (except when you play my team!)

:D

BTW, your team should finish in the top three in

the district, probably either second or third since

everybody is still chasing beech until they catch them

and who knows, y'all might be the ones to catch them.

:D

2shooter4, I guess that I was unaware that beech had lost to

lavergne in the last two years, anyway like you say, you

certainly can catch them.

my, you are full of questions. as to a summer team, we are

leaning heavily to the 18u sting. are you looking for a

new team since i hear the elite disbanded?

Hmmmm Sting ok but I believe if 22shooter was going to play for a travel team it wouldnt be Sting now if I recall my memory I think Firebirds beat the Sting more than once this past yr and gotta question for ya Is this the sting team that went to the NSA 18&under b nationals a couple of yrs ago and place 2nd (but only 3 teams in that division).

And another question for ya sting U gonna play and ASA this yr. And as for 22shooter shes going to Georgia Tech dont have time to play "B" ball....... Got your back there shooter.... :confused: ;);)

softballfan, nah, this is a new 18u that is moving

up from 16u last year. it played both nsa and asa last

year, but no "B" ball. about half the girls from last year

stayed down, so it will be practically a new team and will

be playing mostly ASA (which doesn't have "B" ball around

here in 18u). firebirds might have played the 16u team last year, don't know, it doesn't matter.

also, good luck with the firebirds and lavergne both, except for when you play our teams (lol).

;)