Weigh In on Sade Buley

GovMan

OK ... it's been quiet around E. Tn for too long. I'll get you'all experts talking.

For the past several years, I've been hearing about Sade Buley of South Doyle. I've spoken personally to one of the top D1 women's coaches in America and he showered her with praise. I've talked to many people that have played and coached with her and against her in AAU ball and they've talked about her being as good as anyone they had seen for her age (this over various periods of time).

I've got to watch her play 5 - 6 times --in high school games--over the past three years. In that very limited amount of viewing time ... she has just not blown me away. It's obvious that she's been the greatest athlete on the floor ... that she can dribble and shoot ... but I've just not seen alot of intensity. To be fair, probably the games I've watched were not "big games" but ...

Those who do watch her a lot and know her game better than I do ... fill me in. Would I be way out of line if comparisons of Randy Moss's "I only play when I feel like it..." came to mind?

Don't hammer me too hard, I'm just wondering. When people who I'm sure know the game a lot better than I do talk about how incredible she is, I realize that I must just be missing something.

GovMan

Playing for South Doyle and having to carry her team night in and night out has worn her out a bit. There is no doubt that if she had better players on her team that you would see a different Sade. If you were to put her on an average team she would make them great. The sad fact is, she only has one player on her SOuth Doyle team that could play for anyone else. Knowing that, you have to PRAISE her for her committment to South Doyle and not transfering to AE, Seymour, or Sevier County as some peopel have speculated she might do on this board.

All in All, she is the real deal.

Sade can put on a show anytime she wants. ....I think you hit some good points, she is not consistent in my opinion. Now, that said, teams have worked on her. She will need to raise her level to be more consistent. I watched her practice several times with Coach Ware several years ago and have watched her play at showcases, high school games and AAU. Any time she wanted to, she could. She will play D1 if she wants to. I know of a player that goes to school and lifts and shoots for hour in the mourning every day before school starts, has her regular practice in the afternoon and then shoots and runs for an additional hour after practice. Goes home, studies, and if she has time, jumps rope or rides bike for an hour. If Sade raises to this level of commitment, she will, easily be the best player from Tennessee, period.

I have been watching her for years and her athleticism amazes me. Simply put, the kid is just plain smooth. She is always the fastest one out on the court. Usually, the quickest defender on the other team is put on her and she cannot be stopped. Also, she has a great height advantage because her defenders are shorter than she is a lot times making it easier for her to drive, shoot and pass. I just love watching her play. Yes, she slacks on D sometimes, but she has so much potential to be a top defender as well as an offensive threat. When she goes to an awesome school in college she'll pick it up and dazzle the nation! I cannot wait to keep following her. Keep doing your thing, Sade.