Hey thebeave

Yoda

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you saw the Murray Stae game this weekend, you'll know what I am talking about. UTM will not beat the best of the OVC with Jon Morris type players......Murray State got their face caught up in the net several times ally ooping on UTM ;) ....UTM is getting better athletes than when Luther was here, well, except for the infamous Timmy Britt; you better when you play teams that are just as athletic and quick and are 3-5 inches taller at every position, then that adds up to trouble.

I beg to differ. Jon Morris has the potential to be a contributor to the UTM program. He is a project, but one that could help in a couple of years. He can handle the ball, is relatively quick, and can shoot the lights out. He has also been know to jump a little bit as well!! ;)

What bothers me most is that Powell and Morris BOTH had chances to play at UTM and neither one has done so. I have also heard that the post player, Cyrus I think, never showed up to collect on his basketball scholarship either.

Some have hinted that the defensive fundamentals have been lacking, others say they are simply burned out. These are three good examples of the talent that has come out of Dyer Co., I just hope the two young men that have signed this year choose to keep playing at the next level.

i beleive that perry is attending dyersburg state at the moment trying to get some courses out of the way that he needs. it is my understanding that he will transfer to ut martin in the fall to start his college basketball career. i beleive jon morris will be with the team also next year as well. rumor has it that cyrus may try to play there also.