dyer county basketball (home)

dcchoctaws1

dyer county is currently riding a 30 game home win streak as of today. there are still 3 tough games left at home for the choctaws this season with westview,ripley and union city still to come to the teepee. dc has not lost at home since the 2000-2001 season, the last loss at home was to union city on jan. 26 2001.

good job dc, keep it rolling and bring the gold ball to the teepee! ;)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see that the dyer county haters association has made it back! you guys are just dyeing to hear some bad news on us. i have no clue what is up, i have been told that the 5 game suspension was the deal and the school is the one that handed it too him. most of the time the school is harder on its self than tssaa would be. i dont know if there are any more punishments too come or not. i started this thread to talk about the nice home win streak the choctaws have, not to talk about their wrongdoings again. everyone got burnt out on all that about 2 mos ago.

Well I dont think people realize just what kind of message will be sent to all the coaches based on what the TSSAA rules. If they do nothing more, it will open the door for more coaches to recruit 6'5 players, pratice 365 days a year, scrimmage as much an when they want and when they want, and all they have to do is sit out 5 regular season games of their chosing. I think all coaches would be willing to sit out 5 games to do all of that and have a chance to go far in the post season. If the TSSAAA comes down hard though, all the coaches will surely think twice about how far they try and stretch the rules. I dont think most people understand just how important this decision will effect basketball especially in the WEST TN area.

who is a recruited player??? noone on the dyer county team has been recruited. get that through your head, no not even courtney jones. now tell me just why in the world would he drive all the way to dyersburg when the school his dad took over is in the new dc back yard. he had a chance to play and become a better player at dc than what he would have at dburg. all of these players are hime grown except for byrd, jones, and matt benjamin who has been at dc for 4 yrs now. i dont think you know half as much as what you think you do.

tssaa aparently knows how to run the place and if they do punish butch further then it is their decision. lets stop this nonesence becuase of your jelousy!

Has nothing to do with being jealous.......I am proud of what Dyer County has done on the floor. Off the floor is what concerns me. Trust me ........coaches are paying close attention to this ruling......if will effect how each coach handles things in the future.. I assure you, what ever the ruling.......coaches will react to it with respect to their own programs.

Tornman...Butch has already been punished for his wrong doing. The punishment has fit the crime, I believe. Now we need to focus on the games at hand the next few weeks. One practice, when you said you wouldn't, does not constitute the death penalty. Now, on the other hand a stiff fine, might be in order. But that is up to TSSAA, not you or anyone else.So just sit back and see whats going to happen. In my opinion the situation in finished, and over with.

tornman, i will say that i do wish the best for dyesburg.it is just the fact that i lost a lot of respect for them last year when we lost our first game of the season to halls. had it not been for that loud applause dyersburg would have just had a big rival instead of several angry fans. actually dyer county pulls for dyersburg more than dyersburg pulls for dyer county. im not sure what the problem is but i sure wish that both teams and the fans would come together also. i just will never unstand that incident last year.