unaka/cloudland

hablogarbaje

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kilt, changing the subject slightly, I was really looking forward to seeing you in that skirt last night. As a matter of fact, you might have been more comfortable in a skirt as hot as it was in that gym. In overtime, I thought I was going to have a melt-down. Good game played by both teams. Cloudland always proves to be a worthy advisary!! :(

Would have died if I were wearing a jacket. A kilt might have been nice!! It was scorching. I was sitting right in front of Aaron Stocton's dad. I actually did have a good conversation with Coach Hicks and the good ole days at CHS.

He was a great asset to the Cloudland girls program.

I know the TSSAA says "only encourage"- but really when you think about it, that is almost a thing of the past. While I believe that some fans (including myself may could have toned it down a little) it is the nature of the game. Unaka vs. Cloudland is not the only game where this sort of stuff happens- in fact it happens most of the time when two good teams have some history meet up. Did it bother anyone on the court? Probably not, thats what true players live for is the cheers and the boos and the electricity like was in the air last night.

Hablo- no I wasn't shooting at you when I said "overly intelligent"- I actually rather enjoy almost every post you post and you rarely ever post nonsense. I do however believe that we have beaten Unaka/Cloudland into the ground about 30 feet deep- so we will wait a while to start it up again.

Coachtdog, you really put things into perspective and even though sports seem a way of life in high school, they are a very small character building part in the long run. No, I wasnt wearing a maroon jacket, I was about 2 feet away from you when you were talking to the Barry, and we made eye contact- I was standing beside the big guy you had a "ball throwing" incident at Hampton a few years back... I look forward to talking one day, but maybe when my blood pressure is a little bit lower

:(

Bottom line (as far as basketball)both teams played well. The atmosphere was crazy. The officiating was good. And Unaka was the better team last night. Good, hard fought win for the Rangers and IF there is a tie-breaker, it should be a dandy...

[Edited by rolltideroll on 2-12-03 12:55P]

I think that both teams played their hearts out abd yeah it did take alot for both teams to put up with the crowds,but the fans were just supporting their players and that is just normal.both teams have been battling it out since they were little so u know that the games r always gonna be good but i'll stick with my team!

Landers #1 always

I am still not a Ranger fan, but I respect the effort the kids spilled out on the floor, from both sides- It was a good basketball game (it would have been great if the score would have been a little different) Both teams showed class-even though the fans were not controlling there emotions to the best of their ablility (or maybe they were) But like Hablo said- it is hard to take anything away from either one of these ball clubs after the effort they displayed and to so would be ludicrous. Even though the Landers lost, at the end of the night I was still proud to be sitting on the Cloudland side after the effort that was displayed.

Now, CacadelToro- I have tried to ignore you, but I find some conflict in your statements, you don't like people to "straddle the fence", but I haven't heard you say one thing about any team other than negative towards Unaka and even more towards Cloudland- but I have no problem with that. I wish you would just grow a little facial hair and step up and actually say where you are coming from, but I don't think thats going to happen, so just keep on posting and maybe one day you will actually post something of substance until then I will be watching and waiting for at least a small sign of intelligent life from you but I really don't think that that is-----

now here's the tricky part- this is where you finish your sentence

-----going to happen.

Guest jimmyjay

I thought that the match-up between the two teams was perfect. Both teams played well, but the Rangers could have played better. They didnt come out in the first quarter ready to play defense, thats why the Landers came out and hit 3 three-pointers right off the bat. But yet the Rangers maintaned their composer and did what they had to do.....good win RANGERS!!!