DQ Dusty Griffith

blue14devils

His fourth penalty was for flagrant misconduct. It had nothing to do with accumulated uneccesary roughness calls, because he had no prior call for that. Borneman was ahead by 7 points with less that 30 seconds when the incident happened. Borneman was going to win the match with no problem. It was ruled that Griffin threw two elbows to the face of Borneman with intent to injure. That was a textbook Flagrant Misconduct call.

Luchador, did you watch the match? There's no question as to whether borneman was going to win, the question is, was it an elbow? I did watch the match and it was stopped in the 3rd w/10 sec. remaining. The apparent "elbow" came when a switch was attemtpted. I don't believe for one minute the elbow was intentionally thrown to hurt as opposed to get the switch. I saw Lane do the exact same thing in the finals. Luchador, do you think the previous incident had any bearing on the calls made against Griffin and Borneman(if you did watch the match, you may remember that Griffin was given a pt. because borneman was unnecassarily rough with Griffin's knee.) another call that I disagree with. I don't believe Griffin should've been given a point for that either. I'll stand firm on the ground that the refs should have been removed for one match to gather their composure after the incident that had just occured. they, nor anyone else that was directly involved with the Houston incident was fit to call the next match without first having taken a break to "cool off". Not on friday or saturday did Griffin win when he needed to, that's just the nature of the Beast. McKinney and Borneman both deserve to be recognized as the top two, they proved it. I just think that Griffin was unjustly dealt with by two official who beyond their control were calling a match with too much on them at that particular moment.

luchador,

i know luke was going to win. i was kind of distracted by all the scooter crap. was that really an elbow or just the mustang in you coming out in partiality? it seems as if others may disagree (not just the other post). good luck in the off season. luke is going to be great for the region.

[Edited by dragonwrestler on 2-17-03 11:02P]