HHS Softball

Guest bud44

As reigning 4A champs, Region Champs, and with a state tournament appearance under their belts, Harriman has to be considered the favorite in District 4A and probably even the Region favorite again this season.

In the district, however, Rockwood and Oakdale should give Coach David Cox's squad a run for their money. Oakdale had some key losses to graduation---catcher Monica Foley, second baseman Stacy Langley, first baseman Robyn Clipson, and perhaps even more that I can't recall, but Coach Darlene Headrick is usually able to just "reload" instead of "rebuild". Besides, the Lady Eagles do return one of the top two pitchers in the district in Sr. Shelley Bowman as well as one of the top shortstops in Sr. Britney Hall.

Rockwood returns a plethora of talent and could well prove to be one of the top teams in the district for the next couple of years or so.

Bring on the season! But...Lord if you would, could you grant us a little sunshine and dry weather occasionally? ;) It sure would help and would be most appreciated! ;)

---rSquared

Hey rsquared good luck this season, hope it goes well. I would like to make a prediction of this softball season, or guessing how the teams will even out. I agree with you rsquared on mostly everything you said. Oakdale is coming back strong, and Rockwood is a team to watch out for. Rockwood got their pitcher back that quit last year, which she can throw pretty hard a few different pitches and is very consistant in her throwing. But on the other hand Rockwood lost their catcher last year. I am not sure if they had another one. In my opinion I dont think Harriman will have much this year. They lost Tessa and Misty. Which I know 2 players can't win a game it takes 9 but still looseing a strong catcher that had a good stick, and loosing a tremdous short/stop that also had a good stick can hurt a team. They have Pollit to pitch but I think everyone in the district will dominate her, everyone in the district should be able to kill the ball off of her unless she has picked up some speed. Their defense is still going to look pretty strong, but they will struggle alot this year I think in many areas that are small but needed very much. Oneida I have no clue about they are too far away to know anything about. Sunbright, will be coming along strong in the next few years. They are young but they have alot of talent coming up. Don't underestimate this team. Coalfield is returning somewhat strong this year, only thing they should be lacking in this year is senior leadership. They are going to be fairly young, but have a hand full of talent that (COACH) can work with. Coming tourny time they could up set alot of people but the out come. This year's district race is going to be close in this division.