1A State Predictions

choker12

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldcoach22

I have watched about all the top 20 1-A teams and on any giving nigth any thing is possible. I got a chance to watch Cosby play Hancock at Cosby, an Cosby led the whole game. I was told that Hancock was supposed to be good with eigth returning seniors. But they did not show me much they where good in streches and other time I wonder who they where. The SEAL kid is fast and a good shooter but he makes to many mistakes with the ball in crunch time he had about 6 or 7 turnovers when I watch him play. The bench players I thought did good under all that pressure. The shots just was not falling. The Nichols kid impressed me with his toughness in the paint, he is probably the best 6'4" player in Tenn. But he blurts out at the wrong time when he should do it with the toughness in the post. I think he will be a good college player maybe a D-II. Good luck to Hancock and Cosby in thier chance at a state title.

Guest oldcoach22

I have watched about all the top 20 1-A teams and on any giving nigth any thing is possible. I got a chance to watch Cosby play Hancock at Cosby, an Cosby led the whole game. I was told that Hancock was supposed to be good with eigth returning seniors. But they did not show me much they where good in streches and other time I wonder who they where. The SEAL kid is fast and a good shooter but he makes to many mistakes with the ball in crunch time he had about 6 or 7 turnovers when I watch him play. The bench players I thought did good under all that pressure. The shots just was not falling. The Nichols kid impressed me with his toughness in the paint, he is probably the best 6'4" player in Tenn. But he blurts out at the wrong time when he should do it with the toughness in the post. I think he will be a good college player maybe a D-II. Good luck to Hancock and Cosby in thier chance at a state title.

Guest oldcoach22

From East Tennessee, Regions 1 & 2, Districts 1 through 4, there are about 4 teams that have excellent shots at the state and a few more that have outside chances of getting hot and riding the streak to the 'Buro.

Here are the teams, with the best chances in order:

Cosby

Hancock Co

Unaka

Rockwood

Teams that could possibly make some noise:

Cloudland

Harriman

University High

Wartburg

CAK

I don't believe Powell Valley, Jellico, or Midway will make any noise, but....I've been wrong before.

[Edited by TheAnswer9 on 2-20-03 8:44A]