Coach Owens not district 7a coach of the year?

Guest silvertree

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that's dumb to say nobody likes rbs. you guys don't have to feel sorry fo yourself. maybe if you guys didn't get so arrogant when you actually did something right, people would show you some respect. not to take anything away from owens but coach edwards deserved it just as much as he did i don't care what records say. like somebody said before celina has over acheived all season and tournament time is gonna be no different. let's go chs bulldogs don't let them tear you down.

This thread is about to get extremely funny. You people are trying to tell me that Coach Owens doesn't show sportsmanship off the court, that's hilarious. He is a class act in every aspect. You people are putting him down because he jumps up and yells and goes wild during the game...well maybe that's just his coaching style and unless you're in his shoes you can't do a thing about it. It looks like to me that Coach Edwards would have had a little more control over Chad Watson saying what he did and showing a little better sportsmanship than he did when we played at Celina. And finally you people are trying to say that RBS is arrogant when we do something right? Give me a break. This school hasn't experienced this kind of winning on the boys side in a very long time. We are very excited about it because it's not often you get to go through this kind of thing. Anyways, good luck to the teams in 7A.

I will agree that Celina has overachieved, however the District is down this year and that is why RBS was picked #1. But if you want to hear about achievements, here are a few RBS have garnered so far this year. District 7A champs first since 1966. First-ever Tri-Lakes Conference Championship. First 20-win season since 1966. RBS Christmas Tourney Champs. Final Regular season record of 24-4, and not to mention a perfect 10-0 in District, and with 5 more wins, RBS would set the record for most wins in a season, eclipsing the mark of 28 set by the 1941 team. They also won at Pickett County for the first time since the mid 80's. So if you want to talk about overachieveing try that on for size. Oh by the way, there are other coaches in District 7A that couldn't do this with the Bulldogs. I hope this inspires Coach Owens and the Bulldogs to step up their game and run the table in Cookeville!

I cant understand you people that get on here and say that Edwards deserves this as much as Owens? I dont care if RBS gets put out in the 1st round of the Regions(hope that doesnt happen), OWENS is the 7A COACH OF THE YEAR, whether he has the trophy to show for it or not. I am sitting in my chair laughing at all the people who get on here and say that Owens didnt accomplish anything!! And you talk about Celina overachieving? Well give them a trophy that say "Overachieving Coach of the Year-7A". Everyone in this district knows that Owens deserved that award, but for political reason he didnt get it, BIG DEAL, because it doesnt matter who has the trophy, because each and everyone of you know, that deep down that it belongs to Owens. As for the district being down, why is it down, because RBS won the district? District 7A is no different this year than it has been in years past except for the powers changed this year from Pickett and Clarkrange to RBS and Celina, does that make it down? I dont think so!!! RBS is the 7A distict champs and Coach Owens is the 7A Coach of the Year, NUFF SAID!!!

I guess Bill Cartwright deserves NBA coach of the year, because the Bulls have overachieved this season?

I dont know Owens or Edwards personally, but i do know that what i have seen of Owens he has conducted himself in a well-mannered fashion and had control and discipline on his team, while I know for a fact that while Watson was cussing at a coach, Edwards sit there and didnt say a thing!!!

Good Luck to all!!!!!!!