DISRTICT 10 AA TOURNY

WaverlyTigerFan37185

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wavotiger

I think Sycamore will blow out Cheatham Co. by 20+. Basketball is a game of match-ups and no offense to cheatham's hustle and heart, but they just can't match up with a much larger, stronger and quicker team in Sycamore. But who knows, it could be another upset. I'd like to see the underdog win.

Guest Josh15tigers

In my opinion Waverly should be District Champs for a few more years. They usually have 3 sophmores on the floor and they are getting plenty of experience and a freshmen coming up next yr will add alot to the team also. So, a few more years Waverly should be at the top of District 10AA.

Well I think Cheatham is right back where they want to be right now. They are back in the underdog role once again. They have been the underdog in most games this year but that hasnt stopped them from beating teams. I think Cheatham will give Sycamore a great game and I think it's a tossup. I think Cheatham will come out on top and move onto the finals to face Waverly.

Sycamore has god coaching and an outstanding team. Cheatham has great coaching but they do not match up well at all with sycamore. I think cheatham will be close but lose by 8 or so but i would like to see them win. Looking past the tourney this year, who has the best chance of winning the district next yr, and how open will it be?

I'm picking Cheatham to upset Sycamore. Although they don't match up well at all with them I just think they are ready to get over the hump and finally beat their in county rival. I think Montgomery Central v. Harpeth game is a toss up as both teams are very inconsistent. But I'll give the edge to Central since they are at home, but believe Waverly will defeat either team in the semifinals. As for the championship I think Waverly will win in a close one. In regard to SouthTnlooker's request to next year's district race I think Waverly has to be considered the heads on favorite with Nichols back for his senior year and a great sophomore class that continues to impress. Harpeth will be much improved as they return Dansby and lose no one to graduation. Creekwood will have another year under their belt and everyone returning. Sycamore loses Vann, but will still be competitive as will Montgomery Central with Burney back. Not sure what Cheatham loses or has coming back and Stewart County remain in the cellar. Regardless of how district plays out, good luck to all 10AA teams advancing to the region.

With the exception of the lack of height in the lineup, this years squad sounds like the talent level of the teams in 84-86. Ken Northcutt, Kent Mulholland and company put on quite a show for three years. The problem is that they would fold in the post season and only made it to state one time.

If I remember correctly the starting lineup was 6'11", 6'6", 6'4", 6'2", 6"0", all in the same class. The killer was when Kent was a senior, his younger brother Todd was a freshman at 6'10" and played with the varsity. I think though the real problem was their lack of depth. Once you went past the starters and one reserve, there was no one.

Anyway, sounds like this years squad has a lot of promise in the years to come. Depth can overcome a lack of height. ;)

Guest wavotiger

I'd have to say that most of the future talent is the district lies with Waverly. They have 3 great sophomores. The one that starts, Ricco Ralston, in my opinion is by far the best point guard in the district. And of course he will be returning for two more years as well as the other two sophomores, Hollis & Reid. Their shooter Bubba Nichols will also be back. As far as the rest of the district I think Harpeth will be decent next year with Dansby and the little Goodwin kid if he turns out anything like his brother. Burney with Central and Pierce with Sycamore will make both of those teams contenders. Creekwood will probably make a great improvement to next year and Cheatham I'm sure for that they seem to be heading in the right direction now.