Huntland Lady Hornets

orange

I think we need to get over the fact that we lost in the first round of the tournament. The girls respect Coach Ray, His assistant respects Coach Ray, and most fans respect Coach Ray. The Lady Hornets will be good next year if they stick together and dont let someone break them apart. Upsets happen every year, this year it was the hornets. The coaches dont like it, the players dont like it, and the fans dont like it. The right thing to do is go to work right now and get better for next year. Being critical on a board is not helping anyone. Support the team and the coaches and they will all be better off next year. Go LADY HORNETS....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't appear that you have polled the team as a whole. If you did you would probably be a little surprised. Your daughter probably started for the Lady Hornets or you may just be a good friend or the coach himself. Anyway, I'm not bashing the coach or the players. Yes, the team will be good next year. They may even split with Moore Co., but without a change in philosophy the end results will be the same. I liked the way the boys coach started all the seniors on senior night. The girls had two seniors on the team, one of them never touched the floor. Not even with a few seconds left and the game unfortunately lost. Real classy act, don't you think. I wonder what some of the parents of next years seniors will think if their daughters ride the pine for the entire game on senior night.

Its simple you play those who deserve to play. Practice time determines who should play dont you think. Why dont you be a man or a woman and go talk to Coach Ray face to face and solve your problems that sounds like the Christian thing to do and stop bashing him on a board where you dont have to identify yourself. I dont have a daughter playing for Huntland but would be PROUD if I did.

I agree with orange about meeting face to face on this one. But you know orange that hardly ever happens! I also know that Coach Ray will do his part to have the Lady Hornets ready for next year, and lets be honest they should be the favorite to win the district. They get to host the tournament next year so they have a lot in their favor, plus I know all those girls and they will use the upset to motivate themselves for next year. Best of luck Lady Hornets!!!!! And maybe it was an upset but if any of you keep up with high school basketball then check out who is playing in the finals of the district, Cascade and Moore County. Thats right Cascade, the same team that beat Huntland, so maybe they are not that bad of a team heh??

12timechamp would you start or play someone who misses practice to get their hair done. I think not or you would not be a 12 time champ. Just to clear something up I heard that Ron "RADIO" Hill would be coaching South Jr High Boys next year. I think he deserves to coach them with all he has done for kids in this county. I hope that you will someday get a job in this county.

I sure would big money. First of all the game didn't mean anything to either team other than bragging rights. Secondly, it wasn't like she was gonna play enough to contribute anyway. what has she averaged this year, ten seconds a game. Give me a break. Class is something you can show anytime, anywhere, and especially for a young lady who is a senior. I've read a lot of messages about how much he cares about his team. Excuse me, but I just didnt see it on senior night. ;)

Hey guys, I'm over it, are you. Btru23, I'll give you the same advice I gave Apsu, beware of the smiling faces. Stinger, have your little sis position her feet while the pass is on the way to her, it will put her in position to get off her shot quicker and also be in position to dribble drive. also defensively on the balls of her feet. Just a suggestion. Ron hill starting out at Jr. high. Please don't flatter me. He may take the job, but he deserves better. ;)

Guest 4and5

Sorry to burst your bubble... but there are black coaches in Franklin County. If you knew anything about FC, there are 2 black coaches that help with the girl's and boy's basketball teams.

Well so you know who I am- guess what I know who you are to but the only difference is I hide nothing. If anyone ask I tell who I am b/c I am not ashamed b/c all I do is support and not downgrade like you. You sit in the stands when you come and just complain about whose not on the floor and talk bad about our coaches. In the position you are in, you should set an example for the younger kids that you work with and teach them pride, loyalty and not criticism.

As far as my sister goes, she must be doing something right. She has been named to the all-district team for the past two years and is regularly called on to match up with the opponents best player. Now whether it is right all the time or not is a different story but she is still learning and gets better every year. I think she has a good chance to move on to the next level it she continues her work ethic and doesn't listen to negative people.

Lastly, why is everything a race issue with you? Why is not people's ability and not the color of their skin? You do not want to be judged but you are the one judging. I think playing the race card is ridiculous. That's what the whole senior night thing is about. That's what who plays and doesn't play off the bench is about. You know it never seemed to be an issue when your kids played huh? I am sorry you feel that way but I sure don't.