columbia vs shelbyville

tm

Last night, Columbia Central put it in Shelbyville by 40 pts! Them Central boys could not be stopped yesterday. I bet you Shelbyville's coach had to fill crazy walking out there to an award that he know he shouldn't have got in the first place after getting beat by 40 in his own gym. Keep playing well Columbia. HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Columba played awesome Friday night. The Shelbyville boys just could not stop them. Congratulations to Coach Kevin Thomas, Coach of the Year. Coach Thomas has done alot to help this team make it to the State last year and second place in the district this season and also in the tournament. Shelbyville does not have the super athletes that Columbia has in Williams and Sparkman. Maybe this is why he was selected as Coach of the Year. Good luck in the Regions boys!

I agree, Trooper, you cannot look at just one game to determine the coach of the year. A young team like the Eagles that finished second after losing 3 key starters from last year's state tourney team obviously needed great coaching to get where they're at. Not to take anything away from Coach Collie, but he continually is loaded with way more gifted athletes than anyone else in the district. That said, congrats to Columbia on yet another impressive season in District 8-AAA. By the way, in my opinion, it turned out better for Shelbyville in the region brackets with both Columbia and Oakland on the other side. However, the Eagles will still have their hands full with Riverdale and potentially Blackman. Should be interesting. Way to go Coach Thomas and good luck to the Eagles in the region!