region 2-AA radio

swamp

I cant believe that no Roane County radio station is carrying Roane County's 2 largest schools regional games tonight.

Bradley, has anyone ever approached WXVO 98.7 in Oliver Springs to see if they would carry bobcats sports? I know back in the early 90's WXVO carried Clinton Sports and Some OS sporting events. OSHS Sports are 3 times more popular now in the tri county area , so it seems like there could be some interest. WXVO has an amazing range that would cover alot of East Tennessee and comes in clear in Knoxville.

[Edited by OS91 on 3-3-03 3:59P]

WXVO was purchased my senior year in high school by Dick Broadcasting and has changed formats three times since moving from the original studios near Ace Hardware. When the transfer took place, the power output of the station increased to 25,000 watts -- comparable to the power of Star 102.1 (used to be WMYU/U-102/My102, licensed to Sevierville).

Just another example of corporate perversion of broadcasting. 98.7 FM is still licensed to Oliver Springs, but isn't providing much "public service" to the tri-county community.

I guess you can tell that I believe that if it says Oliver Springs on it, it should have to be Oliver Springs. Same goes for any other community's station. Money speaks too loudly sometimes.

For 10 years, I believed WXVO should be more involved with Oliver Springs. When at UT, its was always funny at the sports complex they would play music from WXVO and during a commerical it would say "WXVO 98.7 Oliver Springs/Knoxville". I am with you - It's Oliver Springs, uses the locations, uses the name on the air, therefore it should be a voice for Tri County area in some compacity regardless of it's mission to serve all of East Tennessee. The worst was when it served as the Radio of the Clinton Dragons. Thank God that is no longer.