Livingston Wins Beechboard BIG

titanjo

Beechboard carries Livingston to come from behind win 52-45 she had 34 points and many rebounds and assists. She had 22 of the teams 25 first half points. Livingston held Macon to only 11 points in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Beechboard showed why she was MVP of District.

Guest WildcatHoops

Sounds like Beech played to her full potential in previous most I have said she scores at will....And I still agree with that she is one of the best overall/all around players I have seen in high school basketball

I had only seen her play once before, but Beechboard strutted her stuff tonight. WOW! She reminds me a lot of Andrea Davidson. She's not quite as polished as Andrea was. Andrea had a little more of an all-around game. But Beechboard can score any time she has the basketball. What grade is she in? I was a neutral observer, but I did think she benefitted from the physical nature of play tonight (the refs just let em play). I thought she could have been in foul trouble in the first half had it been called tight, but she obviously knew what she was doing. They let things go, and she went after it. Who is she being recruited by? I wasn't very impressed by her teammates though, except on the defensive end after the first quarter. I can't see them beating Jackson County - but it's high school basketball (anything can happen on a given night).

Good luck LA.

Guest eaglemgr

Beechboard is just a junior. She will be back for one more year. She has already scored over 1300 points in her high school career.

eyeonu-->What makes you think that Livingston can not beat Jackson Co. They have beat them once before on Jackson Co. home court this year.

She is been recruited by many schools I have heard.

WOW!!! That's all I have to say about Beechboard. I knew she was good, but not that good. She beat Macon County all by herself. However, if Livingston does run into someone that can keep her off the block they will be in trouble. Macon County had someone to knock her off the block, but she would have just taken her off the dribble. The other girl that they had to guard her outside done a great job, however she couldn't handle Beechboard down low. Other than Beechboard, Livinston would be an average team. I would dare say, you could put Beechboard on any team in the state, and they would be competing for a state championship. She is simply that good!

Guest laizthebest

Yes, the way LA is playing right now they would be just a VERY average team without Beechboard. None of them are playing the way they were in the middle of the regular season during post-season play when it really counts. Megan Thompson rarely ever takes a shot, whereas if you watched her in middle school she could shoot the eyes out from anywhere on the court but now it's like she's afraid to for some reason. Thurman played some of the best ball I have seen her play ever about the middle of this season. I don't know what's happened to her here lately because she hasn't done anything at all. She didn't score a single point in the district championship game! They're relying too much on Beechboard. They could be an awesome team if everyone would work together as a team the way this exact same team did when they were in 7-8 grade. If they don't straighten up and get their butts in gear they're either gonna lose to Lipscomb, lose to Jackson County, and then get blown out by McMinn Central in a substate. I don't want to see that happen.

Guest eaglemgr

I would have to agree with everyone that is saying the Livingston will get blown out if they do not start having more players to step up. Beechboard will not be able to care them all the way to the the state championship game. They will have to have Thruman and Thompson to step up. Cates is stepping up but she only can do it from the inside. Thruman and Thompson can do it both inside and outside. Therefore, meaning they will have to step up now or go home.

Go Lady Cats

Maybe I didn't see one of LA's better performances Monday night. But I just don't see them being as balanced, nor as deep, as Jackson County. That's not to say LA can't beat them. I just don't see it happening unless JC doesn't play well. Just one man's opinion.

I'm by no means an expert on these two teams. I only get to see them play about five times each year. I'm just a casual observer.

These two teams are definetly very good teams. I do think Livingston seems to have 1 star and 4 role players. That's not to say they have to be role players, all 4 of them are very capable of making a major impact themselves. I guess that is up to the coaching staff at Livingston. There is no question that Beechboard is an AWSOME player. But any player can have a bad game, an injury, foul trouble, or meet a team that can contain her. For that reason, I would think they would utilize more of their team. But, who am I to say? Of course it's always alot easier to make coaching decisions in the stands! One thing I do know, Jackson Co. has got 5 players that are all capable of hitting the outside shot. If you meet them on a night when everybody is having a good night, I don't think there is a team in this state that can stop them! If it comes down to a shooting match.......GO LADY BLUE DEVILS!!! Hopefully we will see Jackson Co. and Livingston play again on Thursday night. And Good Luck to both teams!