portland vs. lipscomb

bringingit

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely going to be at the game tomorrow to cheer P-town on to a victory. And about the sub-state question. We went to sub-state my freshman year. We played Waverly at Waverly, and we lost by a last second shot by a guy who didn't make a basket all game. So we failed going to the state by that shot. My sophomore year they had the sub-state set up as a sectional tournament, and we got put out by Marshall County who featured Marcus Haslip and Ryan Young. Haslip who is with the Milwalkee Bucks now, and Young was a seven-footer. So, when I was there we went to sub-state twice.

I think that the game comes down to whether Josh Stephen

is 100%. He wasn't in the district tournament and it

really hurt D.L. Should be a great game that will come

down to the fourth quarter. It will take a great game

for Portland to beat them twice in one week.

No coach in Distict possibly even Region can out coach Roller..Especially Portland's coach. The only reason Portland is this far is they have more talent than they know what to do with. The fact that they finished 5th (i think) in the district with 3 guys over 6'6'' tells you something. He has very little control over his team and lets Brewer do just about anything he wants, including throw up air ball-3's about 3 times a game. They might win but they will certaintly not out coach Roller.

[Edited by Teddie on 3-6-03 12:30P]

How do you explain that ever since Portland's coach has been there he has taken them at least to the region. Since he has been at Portland he is 5 for 5 on making it to the regional tournament. And might I add that in Kington's first year, he defeated Roller for the District Championship in the Tournament. I am not going to sit here and say Kington is a better coach because that is just the opinion and everyone has them. I know Roller is a great coach, but you can't tell me that Kington is not a great coach, too. He has produced winning teams in the past with less talent than he does now. He proved that at his last school Franklin-Simpson in Kentucky as well.

[Edited by jakemd23 on 3-6-03 10:36A]

I believe that the guard play for Portland is vital in this tournament. Adams(PG) and Smith(SG) both have to be able to take care of the ball, knock down their share of shots, and stay out of foul trouble because Portland's bench is not deep at all. Eatherly and McPherson for Lipscomb are very capable of getting hot and being a problem for Portland.

Everyone on this board always talks bad about Kington he does a really good job. Portland has 2 really good players in Ferguson and Brewer and the rest of the team is average. Corey and Ferguson both shoot the ball alot, in my opinion you want your best players takin the shots. Brewer has really shot the ball good in the last couple of weeks and so has Ferguson. I think it will be a tight game and who makes the free throws will win the game,.