District 10-AA, Next year

B

I thought Burney was a Senior this year? I like this kid....he has a lot of skills and shoots well. What impressed me most was his attitude. He is very unselfish and leads his team in a positive way.

Does anyone know what colleges are recruiting him?

Sycamore will miss Brian Vann.....but should be strong again next year. Coach Jones gets the most out of his players.

Brandon Burney is a JR as of now Belmont,Murry St, and UT-Martin has shown lots of interest. He has recieved letters from numerous SEC schools but thats about it(just letters). He has a good GPA (3.2 or something) so that wont be a problem. Burney is the best overall player just because of his talent and how he plays off instincts.

Didnt Harpth start a team full of JRs this year? How come they wont be the team to beat with the best Major D1 prospect on thier roster(Shane Dansby)? They did have a decent freshman group as well. I know Waverly has a very good team, very solid. So I expect them to be playing for a district and regional championship and making it to state. Bubba Nichols is a stud. Sycamore loses Vann and True right? Pierce will definitely need some help next year. They have a solid PG and good role player in Randy True.

As far as Tyler Smith being overrated..How can you say that when hes only a sophmore. I think he is hyped because of how talented he is.This kid can play.

Prediction for next year:

1.Waverly- Good leader in Bubba Nichols, very underrated but has a solid team and great coach in Mike Craig. Remember Solid guard play in the tournament can take you really far. They return Rico Ralston for his JR year and he'll be a year smarter with added strength. Waverly should have the best backcourt with Ralston and Nichols.

2.Sycamore-They've been to substate two years in a row, why not make it three. Pierce will be counted on to do it all and I mean do EVERYTHING!!! They return one of the best guards in the leage so they should be ok with Randy True..They only go about 6 deep anyway so that wont change anything.

3.Harpth-They have the best Major D1 prospect in the district because of size and strength. Shane Dansby should average 30 points next year as a senior. Look for this team to contend for a #1 spot with all of thier starters coming back as seniors. With added strength sophmore Chris Goodwin could be the key to how far they go in the postseason.

4.Creekwood,Cheatham, Stewart co-they'll battle it out. Watch out for Creekwoods Kyle Schreiber, Cheathams' Noel Smith, and Stewart co Aaron Brigham.

7.Mont.Central-Too bad the best overall player is on the last place team.Thats the only reason he doesnt get District MVP.

Picture this: Starters

Rico Ralston(Waverly)-PG

Bubba Nichols(Waverly)-SG

Brandon Burney(Mont.Central)-SF

Shane Dansby(Harpth)-PF

Logan Pierce(Sycamore)-C

Bench:

Sal ???(Sycamore)-PG

Noel Smith(Cheatham co)-SG

Kyle Schreiber(Creekwood)-SF

Ryan Hollis(Waverly)-PF

this fifth spot can go to whoever wants it because it wont matter just look at the starters and the first 3 guys coming off the bench. I'd win 17U AAU state tournament with that group.